The Student Room Group

Taking a break between second and third year of nursing degree

Hi everyone,
I am in second year at the moment, and am considering taking a break out of studying for a year between second and third year, sort of a gap year, but I don't know if it's possible or other people have done it?
Is anyone else doing anything like this?
Thanks?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,
I am in second year at the moment, and am considering taking a break out of studying for a year between second and third year, sort of a gap year, but I don't know if it's possible or other people have done it?
Is anyone else doing anything like this?
Thanks?

Hi Anon,

Universities may not permit going on a gap year as it will conflict with placements. However, we do advise getting a hold of your faculty to see if it possible to do so.

I hope this helps,
- Jesse
Hi,

As said above this is all dependant on what your faculty team say, and placement options.

Nursing is very intensive so I do not blame you for wanting to take a gap year, it could be beneficial for you. If your degree offers a placement year you could always look at a paid placement related to the nursing field. This way you gain valuable experience and a wage, with a break from studying.

Gap years are definitely and option, many students do this and come back more focused, happier etc. But it is important that you do something that will enhance your higher education experience alongside, I believe you usually make a loose plane on what you want to do with an advisor/tutor.

UCAS have a really useful guide about gap years here.

I hope this helps,

Lauren -Official Student Rep:biggrin:
Reply 3
Hi
I am thinking of doing the same thing. I want to take a break between my 2nd and 3rd year of nursing. Any more suggestion?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending