(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    you've got to be joking right?
    no. he's a changed man

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's a little bit racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon or delete

My parents constantly make really racist comments about other religions/races and it really annoys me and we end up arguing. neither of them have had a proper education so their views and criticisms are in fact really ignorant and immature. Usually they think they are being funny when they are just embarassing themselves.

I have lots of multicultural friends (which they actually dont mind) and I am scared to bring them home while my parents are home in case they say something out of line. they also made it clear that they would not like me to date someone of different ethnicity to me, but they are not 100% against it, they just dont like the idea. It's mainly just racist comments so i can imagine if i dated someone they didn't like, they'd make them feel unwelcome and probably make horrible comments but would not actually confront it. they are cowards, basically.

Once i recorded them making racist comments and threatened to put it on youtube and they almost broke my camera trying to get the tape back.

I tried speaking to them about it but they get angry that im 'imposing my views onto them'. so i cant talk them out of it. whenever i do something wrong (like i was caught taking drugs) they blame all the wrong people. like im friends with people who are poorer than us (in benefit houseing etc.) and they blame them for everything like when stuff goes missing from our house.
    Hmmm complex situation. Just make sure you don't ever change your current views towards racism, and that should be fine for your future generations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    no hes saying that the stereotypical comments of everybody in the community suggesting the only white people are racist is incorrect. Thats what he's saying.
    Now if he worded his argument like that he might have had a better response

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.