Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Advanced Subsidiary
you've got to be joking right?

no. he's a changed man :smile:
Everyone's a little bit racist.
Anonymous
anon or delete

My parents constantly make really racist comments about other religions/races and it really annoys me and we end up arguing. neither of them have had a proper education so their views and criticisms are in fact really ignorant and immature. Usually they think they are being funny when they are just embarassing themselves.

I have lots of multicultural friends (which they actually dont mind) and I am scared to bring them home while my parents are home in case they say something out of line. they also made it clear that they would not like me to date someone of different ethnicity to me, but they are not 100% against it, they just dont like the idea. It's mainly just racist comments so i can imagine if i dated someone they didn't like, they'd make them feel unwelcome and probably make horrible comments but would not actually confront it. they are cowards, basically.

Once i recorded them making racist comments and threatened to put it on youtube and they almost broke my camera trying to get the tape back.

I tried speaking to them about it but they get angry that im 'imposing my views onto them'. so i cant talk them out of it. whenever i do something wrong (like i was caught taking drugs) they blame all the wrong people. like im friends with people who are poorer than us (in benefit houseing etc.) and they blame them for everything like when stuff goes missing from our house.

Hmmm complex situation. Just make sure you don't ever change your current views towards racism, and that should be fine for your future generations.
Reply 23
Advanced Subsidiary
no hes saying that the stereotypical comments of everybody in the community suggesting the only white people are racist is incorrect. Thats what he's saying.

Now if he worded his argument like that he might have had a better response

Latest

Trending

Trending