The Student Room Group

Can you leave a civil service apprenticeship?

I have got a job in the civil service and was told that I will have to undertake an apprenticeship which is 12 months long.

To be honest I expected to stay in this job for less than this. Am I allowed to leave if I find another job or do I have to stick with it?
Original post by d-m1
I have got a job in the civil service and was told that I will have to undertake an apprenticeship which is 12 months long.

To be honest I expected to stay in this job for less than this. Am I allowed to leave if I find another job or do I have to stick with it?

You're allowed to leave, although it seems odd that you accepted a 12 month job, but planning to leave before the 12 months is finished. Would you not be better staying in the apprenticeship, with the additional support that comes with it?
Reply 2
Original post by gaynor_scraggins
You're allowed to leave, although it seems odd that you accepted a 12 month job, but planning to leave before the 12 months is finished. Would you not be better staying in the apprenticeship, with the additional support that comes with it?

Its not a 12 month job, its a permanent job. The only reason i ask is because I am applying to other jobs that are a higher grade
Original post by d-m1
Its not a 12 month job, its a permanent job. The only reason i ask is because I am applying to other jobs that are a higher grade

If you’re applying for another permanent job, you’d probably have enough time to complete the apprenticeship as the recruitment process for some roles takes a long time. You could be waiting 6 to 12 months from successful application to appointment in some cases.
Reply 4
Original post by Powersymphonia
If you’re applying for another permanent job, you’d probably have enough time to complete the apprenticeship as the recruitment process for some roles takes a long time. You could be waiting 6 to 12 months from successful application to appointment in some cases.

Yeah, one thing I’ve noticed about the Civil Service atm is that recruitment is very VERY long haha!

But since I start in a month and have already put in some applications, I was just curious what would happen if I did another job within the 12 months
Original post by d-m1

Hi what was the interview like ? What questions did they ask? My practice answers are very short, is that bad? Would I be wasting their time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending