The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
About time too. Can't believe what's happening within the Conservative party- it's an absolute disgrace!!
I would be happy with Rishi as chancellor & Penny as PM
Surely we get an election now. We can't keep getting muppets in charge
Reply 4
Original post by Guru Jason
Surely we get an election now. We can't keep getting muppets in charge

I agree, but it's not happening! Announcement by Liz Truss said it would be a week- long leadership contest with the MPs choosing the new PM.

Keir Starmer is calling for a GE. People need to take to the streets!! We're a laughing stock on the international stage.
@nulli tertius

Truss has resigned, as you predicted. Thoughts on the next steps? Can Boris Johnson return?
I guess the answer to this is no.

F8542162-C7DC-40CD-90AF-D9BB59FC5AEE.jpeg
Reply 7
Original post by Son of the Sea

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

one wag on Twitter wrote:

Liz Truss: Depart

Lettuce: Romaine

:rofl:
Oh dear oh dear, three prime ministers in one year, the third likely to be just as useless as the previous two. Time for a general election.
Original post by the bear
one wag on Twitter wrote:

Liz Truss: Depart

Lettuce: Romaine

:rofl:

🤣🤣
Don't let the revolving door hit you on the way out :ciao:
https___d1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net_production_35b12d4b-0b23-4987-b469-c37c13dfed8c.jpg
I sat down with my hot drink and snack to watch and it was really such a short speech! Didn't get to even take a sip.
Utterly shambolic and a ridiculous state of affairs.
Even Larry the cat could do better.

Disagree with you about another GE though.
Too high a risk of bring turmoil to the streets of England, decimating the 2019 GE majority and resulting in an even more severe economic crash to the UK than the USA had in 1929 before this year is over.

Real proud of British produce right now. 😇
Reply 15
Complete nonsense really.

It’s saddening, frustrating and heartbreaking to watch an entire country be pulled to shreds by rich people playing games with each other.

There has to be a general election in November and if I was the Conservative Party I would be happy to be out of power for the next couple of years, let someone else be at the front of the chaos.

I really don’t understand why any of the semi-serious career (or otherwise) MPs would want to be in charge at the minute.
She deserved this. This is what can happen when you make popular but unrealistic promises to get elected. She was obviously incompetent from how she performed in the leadership debates and this is therefore not a surprise for me at all.

What a mess this country is in and the damage to our international reputation.

I have been thinking about who I’d root for if I were MP and wanted to maximise my chances of keeping my seat at the next GE. My choice would be Penny Mourdaunt based on her popularity and favourable polling. I do think Rishi Sunak is probably the best person for the job now though and he is much more competent.

My bet was on the lettuce :thumbsup:
Reply 18

Hey, what about a lettuce for PM?

The markets control the economy stupid
She's always going to have the title of 'shortest ever PM' which is something I suppose. She beat George Canning (PM in 1827) to the record by quite a margin.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/20/liz-truss-joins-ranks-of-shortest-serving-world-leaders

Presumably it will be Rishi now as he was the next most popular choice of Tory MPs last time. Or Penny Mordaunt.

Latest

Trending

Trending