The Student Room Group

im being bullied

what do i do other than tell the teacher

Scroll to see replies

Yes, tell a teacher you trust or a parent/guardian
then they will say "sNiTtTcHhHh"
Original post by secretagent373
then they will say "sNiTtTcHhHh"

Bullies are stupid. If they don’t want to be “snitched” on they shouldn’t bully. I still think you should tell an adult. Is there safeguarding staff at your school? They may be able to help. I’m sure they deal with these things all the time
Original post by Wooord!
Bullies are stupid. If they don’t want to be “snitched” on they shouldn’t bully. I still think you should tell an adult. Is there safeguarding staff at your school? They may be able to help. I’m sure they deal with these things all the time

yea there is i'll tell them thanks so much <3
yea there is i'll tell them thanks so much <3

No problemo. Good luck with everything
Reply 6
you need to stand up to them and not let them put you down consistently and not do anything about it. You might think its only relevant till your with them, but it will change and affect you as you get older. It will affect you as a person, mentally too. You need to get out of your head and stand up for yourself. The teachers don't do anything. They don't care, you might think they do but they have a load of other **** they consider more important.

If teachers ever took bullying seriously, you wont see anyone get bullied.
Original post by Tanyme
So what, if you dont do anything about it, stand up to them but let them put you down consistently and not do nothing about it. You might think its only relevant till your with them, but it will change and affect you as you get older. It will affect you as a person, mentally too. You need to get out of your head and stand up for yourself. The teachers don't do anything. They don't care, you might think they do but they have a load of other s-h-i-t they consider more important.

thank you. that defo encourages me now
thank you. that defo encourages me now

thx for the rep!!

If it's verbal bullying pay it no mind and ignore it. If it's physical bullying stay away from them and involve parents and other sources of help to sort this issue out.
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
If it's verbal bullying pay it no mind and ignore it. If it's physical bullying stay away from them and involve parents and other sources of help to sort this issue out.

Great advice however verbal bullying can be difficult to ignore, words chip away at you
Original post by Wooord!
Great advice however verbal bullying can be difficult to ignore, words chip away at you

Yeah I've been there it can be extremely difficult-but I think it's important to find the source of the bullies' cause to go about bullying.
thx for the rep!!

Its fine. I just wanted to add that you must stand up to these specific people. Cauz if you dont stand up to these specific people taht are currently bullying you, it has the potential to hurt you and affect you as you meet new people, you’d be trapped in that cycle of ‘not good enough’ ‘weak’ or whatever your mind chants to you when you get bullied. You need to stand up for yourself now, believe in your self and break the cycle to prove yourself to you. You need to do this for your future self.

I'm sorry this is happening to you! It happened to me too in school, and I wish I'd told someone earlier. In the end I broke down in front of my mum after a bad day and told her, and she told my head of year at the time, who handled it very well and I didn't have any problems after that! I thought it would get worse and my bully and his friends would accuse me on snitching, but actually nothing more happened and he just left me alone entirely. If your parents can support you, I recommend telling them, and your friends. You can tell any teacher you trust and they should be able to sort it out. Try to avoid interacting with your bullies in the meantime, and don't do anything stupid in retaliation that could get you in trouble.
Original post by bea_murray0
I'm sorry this is happening to you! It happened to me too in school, and I wish I'd told someone earlier. In the end I broke down in front of my mum after a bad day and told her, and she told my head of year at the time, who handled it very well and I didn't have any problems after that! I thought it would get worse and my bully and his friends would accuse me on snitching, but actually nothing more happened and he just left me alone entirely. If your parents can support you, I recommend telling them, and your friends. You can tell any teacher you trust and they should be able to sort it out. Try to avoid interacting with your bullies in the meantime, and don't do anything stupid in retaliation that could get you in trouble.

Yh, my school did nothing about it. I had teachers that saw me being picked on and did nothing about it. I told my geography teacher the day i was bullied heavily in the back of his class, i was crying in-front of him, i had told him what had happened to me, and he’d said he’d do something about it tom but nothing happened. And it doesnt help if your confidence is low.

Also avoiding your bullies in the long run wont benefit you. It might be a temporary solution, i took that pathway but i regret taking it. Cauz i always felt i was under them, that i was too weak to stand up to them, i wasn't worth it. It takes a toll on your mental health.

So you need to do something about it for yourself. They arent any better than you.
Original post by Busywissy
Yh, my school did nothing about it. I had teachers that saw me being picked on and did nothing about it. I told my geography teacher the day i was bullied heavily in the back of his class, i was crying in-front of him, i had told him what had happened to me, and he’d said he’d do something about it tom but nothing happened. And it doesnt help if your confidence is low.

Also avoiding your bullies in the long run wont benefit you. It might be a temporary solution, i took that pathway but i regret taking it. Cauz i always felt i was under them, that i was too weak to stand up to them, i wasn't worth it. It takes a toll on your mental health.

So you need to do something about it for yourself. They arent any better than you.

I'm sorry your school didn't support you, but that's not really helpful to share with the OP. Schools have a responsibility to safeguard their pupils from bullying, and it's not something any child should have to figure out on their own.
Original post by Tanyme
So what, if you dont do anything about it, stand up to them but let them put you down consistently and not do nothing about it. You might think its only relevant till your with them, but it will change and affect you as you get older. It will affect you as a person, mentally too. You need to get out of your head and stand up for yourself. The teachers don't do anything. They don't care, you might think they do but they have a load of other s-h-i-t they consider more important.

Oh dear - I'm sorry your school is like this. Teaches do act but that doesn't stop bullying completely. What's importan is the school 'culture' around bullying. In my school the message is 'There are no innocent bystanders' so anyone who sees or hears bullying has to report it or thye ar equally guilty. This works and makes people think about their behaviour.
Original post by Muttley79
Oh dear - I'm sorry your school is like this. Teaches do act but that doesn't stop bullying completely. What's importan is the school 'culture' around bullying. In my school the message is 'There are no innocent bystanders' so anyone who sees or hears bullying has to report it or thye ar equally guilty. This works and makes people think about their behaviour.

Yh that makes sense and will stop bullying to an extent i guess.

We used to have bullying awareness assemblies at school every now and then, but that never stopped anyone ever really. I feel like either what counts as bullying is not properly understood by people and discouraged against or people choose to just do it because of how normalised its made by the environment and peoples (teachers and the students) attitude towards it.
I’ve hardly ever seen anyone act against bullying. No one chooses to speak out against it.

Tell your older brother if you have one or an older cousin
Being bullied is horrible but being a bully is never OK
Tell the teacher otherwise. It'll probably blow over in a few days
Original post by Tanyme
Yh that makes sense and will stop bullying to an extent i guess.

We used to have bullying awareness assemblies at school every now and then, but that never stopped anyone ever really. I feel like either what counts as bullying is not properly understood by people and discouraged against or people choose to just do it because of how normalised its made by the environment and peoples (teachers and the students) attitude towards it.
I’ve hardly ever seen anyone act against bullying. No one chooses to speak out against it.

It does work if you give examples of bullying in the assembly - we have students acting out scenarios so everyone unnderstands.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending