The Student Room Group

What are the King's College Wimbledon Interviews like?

Hi! I was invited back to KCS for an interview round. Does anyone know what this is like? I'm not sure if I should go into the exam preparing anything.

Scroll to see replies

Same I got in for the interviews too :smile:

I think its mostly academic questions that will be asked and a couple general questions too. But based on their email, the emphasis is on academic stuff.
Reply 2
Original post by entrepreneur_13
Same I got in for the interviews too :smile:

I think its mostly academic questions that will be asked and a couple general questions too. But based on their email, the emphasis is on academic stuff.

@imweewoo @entrepreneur_13 how did they go? I was helping out at KCS with interview stuff so we might've chatted before your interview! I think if you received an offer there's an offer holder evening next week?
Reply 3
Original post by tch1161
@imweewoo @entrepreneur_13 how did they go? I was helping out at KCS with interview stuff so we might've chatted before your interview! I think if you received an offer there's an offer holder evening next week?

Have offers been send already?
Reply 4
Original post by imweewoo
Have offers been send already?

I'm not sure but I assume they'll send them fairly soon if the offer holder evening is on Tuesday? They'd definitely tell you either way though...
Reply 5
I got in :biggrin:
anyone accepted an offer for kcs with entry sept 2023?
Reply 7
I ended up accepting.
me too! i’ll see u there :smile:

quick questions tho -
1 - what are you going to do abt the dress code? i’ve always had a v strict uniform and not a lot of freedom so ngl i am a bit overwhelmed
2 - what a levels/ib subjects are you taking?
3 - nervous to change schools?
Reply 9
Well, it's pretty formal so wear clothes that belong in a workplace. Pretty unfortunate. I was looking forward to actually wearing comfortable stuff.

Maths, further maths, physics, computer science

No
Can I private message you for your contact details? I'd be nice to talk to someone going.
Well, it's pretty formal so wear clothes that belong in a workplace. Pretty unfortunate. I was looking forward to actually wearing comfortable stuff.

No
Can I private message you for your contact details? I'd be nice to talk to someone going.

ofc! do you have insta/snap?
Reply 11
I don't really use them. Do you have discord or whatsapp?
I don't really use them. Do you have discord or whatsapp?

neither of them ahaha
email?
Reply 13
Sure
Reply 14
I ended up accepting.

Hi there - I’m applying for 2024 entry and I was wondering what the English paper is on - Is it like an English language gcse paper with an extract? Or do you get given a question and have to answer it? Thanks!
Reply 15
Original post by abasu1
Hi there - I’m applying for 2024 entry and I was wondering what the English paper is on - Is it like an English language gcse paper with an extract? Or do you get given a question and have to answer it? Thanks!

It was an essay about arguing modern events I believe. They kinda give you a prompt and ask you to write on it.
Reply 16
It was an essay about arguing modern events I believe. They kinda give you a prompt and ask you to write on it.

Great - thanks so much! How are you finding kcs now?
Reply 17

No

Hii, I have my interviews on Saturday and since I was thinking of taking the same subject combo as you, although I applied with econ instead of physics; I was wondering if you'd have any idea of what the interviews were like - especially maths and compsci bc I'm not sure if I should revise or anything. ty ^^
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by dclvdst
Hii, I have my interviews on Saturday and since I was thinking of taking the same subject combo as you, although I applied with econ instead of physics; I was wondering if you'd have any idea of what the interviews were like - especially maths and compsci bc I'm not sure if I should revise or anything. ty ^^

Nahhh. No one revises mate. My questions weren't actually on maths or compsci. I was asked to calculate terminal velocity for an astronaut falling from space so I have no idea what those questions are like. All I can say is that maths probably also requires you to do a problem on the spot. Although, the interviewers are pretty helpful. I messed up on converting the units during my question and the teacher pointed it out to me and helped me convert them.
Reply 19
Nahhh. No one revises mate. My questions weren't actually on maths or compsci. I was asked to calculate terminal velocity for an astronaut falling from space so I have no idea what those questions are like. All I can say is that maths probably also requires you to do a problem on the spot. Although, the interviewers are pretty helpful. I messed up on converting the units during my question and the teacher pointed it out to me and helped me convert them.

alr, thank youu! icl I might probably have to look through some notes if they require me to answer some questions 😓

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending