The Student Room Group

FDM graduate schemes 2023 start

About to have a quick telephone interview for the grad scheme at FDM, was wondering if anyone else had applied and how they're getting on with the application process?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied weeks ago and haven’t heard anything :/ well done for getting an interview though and good luck!
Original post by msinhgo
I applied weeks ago and haven’t heard anything :/ well done for getting an interview though and good luck!

Thank you :smile: I was waiting at least a month for a reply so don't worry if they haven't got back to you yet!!
Reply 3
Original post by Josh_Grad stuff
Thank you :smile: I was waiting at least a month for a reply so don't worry if they haven't got back to you yet!!

Ngl after I saw this thread I searched a few others and I don’t know how much I trust the company! It seems there isn’t guaranteed work at the end of your training period with them. You get placed with someone they assign you after training so it could be a bank or tech firm if you’re lucky but it’s a bit of a raffle ! And then you’re stuck in a 2 year contract after regardless
Original post by msinhgo
Ngl after I saw this thread I searched a few others and I don’t know how much I trust the company! It seems there isn’t guaranteed work at the end of your training period with them. You get placed with someone they assign you after training so it could be a bank or tech firm if you’re lucky but it’s a bit of a raffle ! And then you’re stuck in a 2 year contract after regardless

Just done some of my research as well, looks like a bit of pot luck like you said. Think I might keep going with it anyway, could do with the interview practice haha
Reply 5
Hi, how did you get on?? I completed the FDM process in October and still awaiting a start date, getting a bit fed up now lol
Reply 6
Original post by Thorfin
Hi, how did you get on?? I completed the FDM process in October and still awaiting a start date, getting a bit fed up now lol

Hi, are you still waiting to start your FDM training? Also, what stream did you chose to go into? I’m at the last stage of the process (assessment centre) and If successful really don’t want to wait months to start.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Floki1
Hi, are you still waiting to start your FDM training? Also, what stream did you chose to go into? I’m at the last stage of the process (assessment centre) and If successful really don’t want to wait months to start.

Hi! I passed my interviews successfully back in October, was told I could potentially start in nov/dec time, then got told new years, then got told May/June and yep still waiting for a start date, I’ve completely pushed FDM out of my mind as they’re taking the absolute mick and I’ve moved on to applying to other companies that have confirmed start dates! I applied for business intelligence x
I completed the 3 interviews so if you have any questions or anything just dm me :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Thorfin
Hi! I passed my interviews successfully back in October, was told I could potentially start in nov/dec time, then got told new years, then got told May/June and yep still waiting for a start date, I’ve completely pushed FDM out of my mind as they’re taking the absolute mick and I’ve moved on to applying to other companies that have confirmed start dates! I applied for business intelligence x
I completed the 3 interviews so if you have any questions or anything just dm me :smile:

hey, you’re right. They’re really taking the mick! I applied back in October and was successful in November. They said my start date could be in January or February but I still have nothing! Where did else you apply to?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by clout_9
hey, you’re right. They’re taking the mick. I applied back in October and was successful in November. They said my start date could be in January or February but I still have nothing! Where did else you apply to?

Yeah if I was you I honestly wouldn’t waste any more time on them, they keep getting away with wasting peoples time it’s a joke! Also wasn’t a fan of the way they work like you’re not even 100% offered a placement after training! I’ve moved on to a different company after applying to quite a few different companies like Fujitsu/Cognizant/Speedy. To anyone reading this, don’t waste your time and stay away from FDM!
Reply 10
Original post by clout_9
hey, you’re right. They’re really taking the mick! I applied back in October and was successful in November. They said my start date could be in January or February but I still have nothing! Where did else you apply to?

what streams did you get accepted in?
Reply 11
Original post by Floki1
what streams did you get accepted in?

Data engineering
Reply 12
Has anyone got a start date?
Reply 13
Original post by clout_9
Data engineering

you still waiting for a start date?
Reply 14
Original post by Bruh-1776
Has anyone got a start date?

nope i passed in late march and still awaiting. How about yourself what's your timeline?
Reply 15
Original post by Floki1
nope i passed in late march and still awaiting. How about yourself what's your timeline?

I passed in March as well and still waiting on a start date. Doing some research on this site as well as reddit it seems like people who passed in october/november are still waiting for a start date. If they are still waiting for one imagine how far down we are on the wait list...
Reply 16
Yeah what stream you pass in? And I know it’s gg for us, I’m looking for others at the moment. There’s no hope with fdm at the moment. Just dosent look like they taking anyone any time soon.
Reply 17
Original post by Floki1
Yeah what stream you pass in? And I know it’s gg for us, I’m looking for others at the moment. There’s no hope with fdm at the moment. Just dosent look like they taking anyone any time soon.

I passed in software development. Yea, this autumn I am going to look for graduate schemes
So... Any updates guys?
Reply 19
Original post by HELLOBrine123
So... Any updates guys?

Got rejected after the reassessment and after waiting almost 10 months. Needing to search for jobs again. Honestly, they suck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending