The Student Room Group

EPQ source evaluation

I have 29/30 sources (including data from a survey). How much evaluation am I supposed to do for an A*? Also some of my research comes from the same website (e.g., information about health issues from the NHS website). Would I still need to evaluate each individual web page or just the website as a whole?
Original post by fzt07
I have 29/30 sources (including data from a survey). How much evaluation am I supposed to do for an A*? Also some of my research comes from the same website (e.g., information about health issues from the NHS website). Would I still need to evaluate each individual web page or just the website as a whole?

I did AQA and I'm probably going to get an A (comparing my mark against last year's grades). I think it might be better to do evaluations from different websites and only evaluate one source from the NHS website so you have evaluated a range of sources. I did around 2 by the way. Also I didn't get an A* mainly due to my actual written project.
In terms of evaluating your sources, you should consider the credibility, reliability, and relevance of each source. This means looking at factors such as the author's credentials, the publisher of the source, the date of publication, and any potential biases. For sources from the same website, such as the NHS website, you should still evaluate each individual web page or article to determine its relevance and reliability. It is important to consider the context in which the information was published and whether it is still accurate and relevant to your researc
Reply 3
Thank you! I did end up evaluating the NHS website as a whole as most of the information I found was the same and I made sure to mention it in my source evaluation. I just received my internal mark for my EPQ as well and this really helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending