The Student Room Group

EPQ Presentations

I've got a possibly basic question about my upcoming EPQ presentation, please: Is the EPQ presentation supposed to be about the content of my essay, or about my research process and the skills that I've learned through it. In other words, is it more like my essay or my log book? Nobody has actually explained this to me, or to any of my peers, and now I'm reading on the internet that I may have completely misunderstood the purpose of the EPQ presentation. If anybody ould clarify that for me, please, I would be very grateful! Many thanks in advance!
You should spend about 75% of your time talking through your project, and the other 25% on an evaluation of your methods. When talking about your project, define any key terms and talk through your different arguments and give a clear conclusion for your project. In your evaluation, mention things like your strengths, weaknesses, what you've learned, what you would do next time, and most importantly what you would do if you had more time and had to continue the project.

Good luck with your presentation!
So a question…can you clarify what you mean by evaluation because i really struggle to understand what that refers to. is that not just talking about the extent of the success of my project? i understand the presentation should be 75% content of the epq and the other 25% on strengths and weaknesses

Original post by Bubblegum-44
You should spend about 75% of your time talking through your project, and the other 25% on an evaluation of your methods. When talking about your project, define any key terms and talk through your different arguments and give a clear conclusion for your project. In your evaluation, mention things like your strengths, weaknesses, what you've learned, what you would do next time, and most importantly what you would do if you had more time and had to continue the project.

Good luck with your presentation!
(edited 10 months ago)
The evaluation covers your strengths and weakness through the project, like finding and understanding sources, time management, writing in a dissertation styled format and so on. Also you could mention the best/worst parts of the project and things you learned about yourself. For example, if you still like the topic you chose, and how you would continue your project if you had more time.
Original post by Bubblegum-44
The evaluation covers your strengths and weakness through the project, like finding and understanding sources, time management, writing in a dissertation styled format and so on. Also you could mention the best/worst parts of the project and things you learned about yourself. For example, if you still like the topic you chose, and how you would continue your project if you had more time.

Thank you that really helps!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending