The Student Room Group

Flatmates

Currently studying at University of Bath. I’m staying in on campus accommodation and so have flatmates. Now I know that sometimes people will have problems with their flatmates but this is extreme. They will be extremely loud and playing music at all sorts of times in the night (I get it’s uni but like it’s every day and especially weekdays and people are trying to sleep), they hang out in the corridor when doing so. They also invite complete strangers to me into the flat, without introduction or making me aware and so each one is a new surprise, with 10 new people every day and the door bell going off constantly all night. They are regularly up in the hallway til 7am. The Kitchen is constantly trashed and looks like a breeding ground for mice and rats (none so far thankfully) and they don’t seem to acknowledge the mess (the strangers also contribute to this mess and some peoples items keep going missing). There doesn’t seem to be a good way to reconcile this with them personally, does anybody know of any student support I can talk to that may help this situation, but also keep me anonymous when dealing with the students themselves?
Have you spoken with the Accommodation Office yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending