The Student Room Group

Is being 4"11 disgustingly short?

I don't wanna be that pick me sorta person but I feel super insecure about my height. I'm 17 and I'm 4"11/ 5"0 ish and ik it isn't seen as that much as a big deal because I'm a girl. But I do get called short 24/7 and boys r like so tall literally double my height n i feel like I'm disgustingly short. Like the normal short size is 5"4 or 5"6 and that's considered cute. And my brother is 8 years old and he reaches up to my collarbone it won't be long until he overtakes me while he still goes to primary school as well that's so embarrassing I've tried everything. Drinking bare milk I even used to go to a gymnastics club but I'm still the same damn height. I feel like boys won't like me because I'm just super short. Do boys get the ick from 4"11 girls? Also, I don't think I can even be taken seriously and talking to boys that are way taller than me is just intimidating asf. I wish I was 5"4, that way I'd actually stand a chance if I got attacked by a taller guy.
Hey,

I’m a guy and I would say that for me, height really isn’t a big thing! 4’11 is perfectly fine and it shouldn’t make you insecure and you shouldn’t feel bad about it :smile:
Any guy would date 4”11 girl over a 5”11 girl. You’re good, dw
Nothing disgusting about being short. Yes, 4'11 is short, but there's nothing bad about that.
I'm a 5'1 female.
Most guys won't be able to accurately estimate your height, particularly not when you have high heels on.
They will only know that you are shorter than them and most guys prefer to date & make friends with shorter girls.
It is generally easy to pass for 2-3 inches taller than actual height.
Good luck!
Plenty of guys like shorter girls or just have no preference one way or another.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't wanna be that pick me sorta person but I feel super insecure about my height. I'm 17 and I'm 4"11/ 5"0 ish and ik it isn't seen as that much as a big deal because I'm a girl. But I do get called short 24/7 and boys r like so tall literally double my height n i feel like I'm disgustingly short. Like the normal short size is 5"4 or 5"6 and that's considered cute. And my brother is 8 years old and he reaches up to my collarbone it won't be long until he overtakes me while he still goes to primary school as well that's so embarrassing I've tried everything. Drinking bare milk I even used to go to a gymnastics club but I'm still the same damn height. I feel like boys won't like me because I'm just super short. Do boys get the ick from 4"11 girls? Also, I don't think I can even be taken seriously and talking to boys that are way taller than me is just intimidating asf. I wish I was 5"4, that way I'd actually stand a chance if I got attacked by a taller guy.

I can tell you this that height is no dealbreaker when it comes to talking with a boy, my girl is 5’1 and I actually find it cute especially when she’s 5’1 and I’m 5’11 1/2. Small and big couple combination.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
You are fine
Female family member is 4' 9", husband of over 25 years is 6' 3".

I'm F, 5' 9" and got assaulted a man at a football match.

Your height is only a concern for you. Stand tall, metaphorically and literally, and strut your stuff!
5'4'' isn't short, it's the average for women btw and 5'6'' is actually kinda, slightly, tall-ish.

But anyway, 4'11'' is cute too, your height doesn't determine if you're cute or not. 5'10'' women can be cute and 4'11'' can too. Focus on other things which are far more important like being kind, psychologically stable, funny, etc. Height is mostly irrelevant in your case.

Any guy who thinks anything about your appearance is 'disgusting' isn't worth your time 🤷🏼

But also no there's absolutely nothing wrong with your height, if anything most guys would consider it cute and a plus - I know a lot of women who get judged/overlooked/treated badly for being tall (which is disgusting, men we need to do better), none the other way round. If you're really bothered you could always wear high heels or big shoes, a couple inches would take you to a very 'normal' height.

I feel you on the embarrassing thing with your brother though lol, I'm 5'2" and used to coach 12/13 year olds, nearly all of them were taller than me 😂 Honestly I think height is made out to be a way bigger deal than it is in general though, my height is supposedly very unattractive (I'm a guy) but I've never had any kind of issue 🤷🏼

Being able to defend yourself has very little to do with height and everything to do with skill (and a little with fitness/strength but you can train that), there's a girl in my MMA group who's like barely 5' and can kick most of our asses easily. If you're worried take some self-defense classes - I think everyone should tbh, but especially if you might be targeted, it'll help your confidence a bunch too.

let me switch the question on you, what height is enough for you with a guy?
Original post by JaceW98
Any guy who thinks anything about your appearance is 'disgusting' isn't worth your time 🤷🏼

But also no there's absolutely nothing wrong with your height, if anything most guys would consider it cute and a plus - I know a lot of women who get judged/overlooked/treated badly for being tall (which is disgusting, men we need to do better), none the other way round. If you're really bothered you could always wear high heels or big shoes, a couple inches would take you to a very 'normal' height.

I feel you on the embarrassing thing with your brother though lol, I'm 5'2" and used to coach 12/13 year olds, nearly all of them were taller than me 😂 Honestly I think height is made out to be a way bigger deal than it is in general though, my height is supposedly very unattractive (I'm a guy) but I've never had any kind of issue 🤷🏼

Being able to defend yourself has very little to do with height and everything to do with skill (and a little with fitness/strength but you can train that), there's a girl in my MMA group who's like barely 5' and can kick most of our asses easily. If you're worried take some self-defense classes - I think everyone should tbh, but especially if you might be targeted, it'll help your confidence a bunch too.

first paragraph - yea ur right tyy
second paragraph - like this is the reason id never work at a school
third paragraph - wow okay this actually reassured me a lot ty
let me switch the question on you, what height is enough for you with a guy?

Honestly as long as he's taller than me idc but if he's like too tall like taller than 5"11 i won't really like it cuz it'll make me sorta intimidated

The only girl I have ever loved was 4"11 / 5 foot. Just saying.

For a girl that's not that short. Some guys like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending