The Student Room Group

NYT auditions 2023

Hi everyone
I auditioned for NYT this year, and uploaded a self-tape. The website says that you will be notified on 1st Feb as to whether you are invited to a recall or not. It sounds like you will be notified even if you are unsuccessful. Anyone heard back from them? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My daughter and her friend also auditioned and were waiting to hear yesterday. Neither heard anything. Hoping today! Good luck and fingers crossed!
Reply 2
I auditioned and heard nothing yesterday but got an email about a recall this morning. Does anyone know how many they recall?
Reply 3
Same here :smile: No idea how many they recall - sorry. Would really like to know though!
Original post by mog76
I auditioned and heard nothing yesterday but got an email about a recall this morning. Does anyone know how many they recall?
Reply 4
I find it confusing as they're also doing in person auditions around the country in schools and other locations and that seems only a one step process (monologue and chat) and then find out whether you're in whereas the online process is two, monologue, introduction and then a recall to what appears to be like the in-person audition.

So it seems if you audition in person you have 1 step whereas online you have to get through to audition in the first place. But perhaps they just recall everybody online? Who knows?

Have no idea how it works!
Reply 5
Original post by mog76
I find it confusing as they're also doing in person auditions around the country in schools and other locations and that seems only a one step process (monologue and chat) and then find out whether you're in whereas the online process is two, monologue, introduction and then a recall to what appears to be like the in-person audition.

So it seems if you audition in person you have 1 step whereas online you have to get through to audition in the first place. But perhaps they just recall everybody online? Who knows?

Have no idea how it works!

Oh, I didn't realise you could audition in person this year? I thought they were all digital. I would have much preferred a face-2-face audition. Which age group are you auditioning for?
Hi all, I auditioned for NYT 2023 aswell. I was confuse when reading past threads because we didn’t get the workshop this year… I wonder why? Anyhow, how are you guys feeling about it? Still a month and a bit to go till the results I’m so impatient aha
Original post by mog76

I went back to count the spots on the live recall and it came to 363. That’s only the early bird recalls though so I’m not sure about the final deadline which ended 4pm today. And they accept 500/600 per year out of 5,000 applicants. I’m not sure if that 5,000 is from the people who get recalled or the people who audition with the self tape. 1/10 chance😬86330107-BB7E-4270-90D9-74514586C01A.png
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by anongirl00
I went back to count the spots on the live recall and it came to 363. That’s only the early bird recalls though so I’m not sure about the final deadline which ended 4pm today. And they accept 500/600 per year out of 5,000 applicants. I’m not sure if that 5,000 is from the people who get recalled or the people who audition with the self tape. 1/10 chance😬86330107-BB7E-4270-90D9-74514586C01A.png

I think it is 5000 who audition with the self-tape. Hope all goes well for you. How was your recall? I found it strange - they did not ask anything about drama activities that I did. They did ask about other hobbies however.
Original post by ih16
I think it is 5000 who audition with the self-tape. Hope all goes well for you. How was your recall? I found it strange - they did not ask anything about drama activities that I did. They did ask about other hobbies however.

Ahh, that’s hopeful then. Likewise, hope you get the result you want! I think my recall went well; really bonded with the auditioner and ambassador, we spent 20 minutes talking about our favourite books lol! Yeah I got “tell us about yourself” and then “so why acting?” Since none of my hobbies alluded to drama. They also Redirected me and she ended it with “keep acting” I’ve been turning that statement over in my mind the last month I couldn’t tell if that was good or bad. I think I went through it abit too fast the first time cause of nerves but hopefully that doesn’t affect my chances.

Sorry for the rant. How was your recall? What course did you apply for?
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey! I auditioned via self tape in March and we are supposed to hear back by today 29th March. Just wondering if anyone’s heard back today yet?
Original post by Dramaschool2023
Hey! I auditioned via self tape in March and we are supposed to hear back by today 29th March. Just wondering if anyone’s heard back today yet?

I did the early bird and got an email around 10:30am saying I got a recall if that helps! I have read on previous threads that they have a lot of emails to send so you might get an email anytime between today and tomorrow
(edited 1 year ago)
sameeee - not not yet! :frown: im dying to hear hahah
Original post by anongirl00
I did the early bird and got an email around 10:30am saying I got a recall if that helps! I have read on previous threads that they have a lot of emails to send so you might get an email anytime between today and tomorrow

Ahh thank you! I'm so nervous but it's my first time auditioning so I'm just hoping for the best :smile: Congrats to you and hope your recall went well!!
Original post by imgonnafail22
sameeee - not not yet! :frown: im dying to hear hahah

Literally been checking my email every five minutes hahah
I haven't heard yet and I sent my selftape off in February
I just heard!! :smile:

Ahh ! Did you get a recall?
(edited 1 year ago)

Me too. Did you get a recall??
Original post by Dramaschool2023
Ahh thank you! I'm so nervous but it's my first time auditioning so I'm just hoping for the best :smile: Congrats to you and hope your recall went well!!

It was my first time aswell, thank you! good luck, if you get the recall don’t be nervous. They’re so lovely and I would recommend doing a different monologue from your self tape, they seemed really impressed that I decided to switch it up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending