The Student Room Group

Can you be an ambassador for your university for two different roles?

Hi,

I have been selected to be a well being ambassador for my university and the aim is to distribute and create resources for our students.

I was selected for this role 2 weeks ago, before applying for this role I also applied to be a digital ambassador due to my extensive skills and background.

The well-being ambassador is 35 hours in total till May.

The digital ambassador role is 10 hours a week.

Would this be a conflict of interest, representing two departments.

I have let the interviewers for the digital role know about this. Just waiting for their reply.
I think you may be an ambassador, why not
Bump
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Bump

I’m not sure why you are bumping this thread. You’ve applied and let the interviewers know. They will let you know in their reply if it is a conflict of interest. We can’t tell you if they will have an issue or not.
You really don’t need to use that tone when I have posted a thread.
As a volunteer on TSR, the aim is to answer questions instead of rebuking users.

Original post by 5hyl33n
I’m not sure why you are bumping this thread. You’ve applied and let the interviewers know. They will let you know in their reply if it is a conflict of interest. We can’t possibly tell you if they will have an issue or not.
A volunteer’s job isn’t “to answer questions”. It’s to help make the site run smoothly, and that includes telling people when they’re breaking community rules by bumping within 24hrs of the last post.

As above, this depends entirely on the policy of the uni in question. Anyone not at that uni in exactly the same position would be guessing. Some may be fine with it, others may ask you to pick one role only.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
You really don’t need to use that tone when I have posted a thread.
As a volunteer on TSR, the aim is to answer questions instead of rebuking users.

Rebuking. :laugh:

Admit-One has given a perfect response.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Rebuking. :laugh:

Admit-One has given a perfect response.

Again, being a volunteer doesn't mean you treat other users like this and honestly it is gross that you think it is funny using your title to say whatever you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending