The Student Room Group

maintenance loan

hello, so ill keep this short, im pretty sure ill get the absolute bare minimum student loan at 4.5k since my parents make about 62k, however my parents wish to kick me out (due to me not living in with them since I do not wish to go to a local uni as they're all pretty uh low with grades at CCD or CDD) I wish to go to Aston/ntu since those are my only option with such parents, is there any way I can get my maintenance loan to be higher

long story short - abusive parents who will not pay a single penny towards my maintenance loan, can I do anything to get it to go higher than 4.5k?
Original post by studentatuni
hello, so ill keep this short, im pretty sure ill get the absolute bare minimum student loan at 4.5k since my parents make about 62k, however my parents wish to kick me out (due to me not living in with them since I do not wish to go to a local uni as they're all pretty uh low with grades at CCD or CDD) I wish to go to Aston/ntu since those are my only option with such parents, is there any way I can get my maintenance loan to be higher

long story short - abusive parents who will not pay a single penny towards my maintenance loan, can I do anything to get it to go higher than 4.5k?

Hi there, the only way is if you meet the independent student criteria such as working for the last 3 years, estranged from parents or you are married.
Original post by studentatuni

Hey op, just to clarify, how are you being kicked out if you are moving out for uni ?? Also aston uni has a scholarship that you can apply for that will grant up 5k, in installments, if you get it
Reply 3
Original post by murpo
Hi there, the only way is if you meet the independent student criteria such as working for the last 3 years, estranged from parents or you are married.

As soon as you can, login to sfe and apply for the independent student help (I'm kind of, in a similar boat).
Also student bank accounts give you an overdraft of £500-£1000 give or take - which may help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending