The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Choosing university

Can anyone please help me choosing the university as I was offered admission for Masters in Sustainable building design from University of Nottingham, sustainable design and construction from Loughborough University and Modern building design from University of bath.
Original post by imkanth
Can anyone please help me choosing the university as I was offered admission for Masters in Sustainable building design from University of Nottingham, sustainable design and construction from Loughborough University and Modern building design from University of bath.

Hi @imkanth,

I know that I responded to a different thread with the same question a while ago, but I wanted to post my reply here too in case it helps others.

I know that choosing a university can be a big decision. I understand that you may have looked at this page, but if you visit the MSc Sustainable Design and Construction course page, you will be able to see module details, rankings and career information. I would recommend looking at the course pages thoroughly and seeing whether one or the other appeals to you more.

I would also visit other relevant pages, such as our School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering page and our Careers Network page, to seek further information about your course and career support.

Other things that you can consider would be the location of all the universities. You can see if any of the places the universities are in suit you more than others.

If you haven't already, you could also take a look at all the campuses and consider whether one stands out to you more than the others. Here's a page on Loughborough's campus so you can read a bit more about ours.

Finally, I would consider the accommodation options and the social activities that each university provides. Perhaps you have an interest or a hobby that you would like to continue or you want to try something completely new. You can view all the societies or sports that each university has to get involved in and see if you'd like to try anything.

I really hope this helps! I understand that choosing a university can be tricky! If you have any other questions, please let us know :smile:

- Lindsay
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by imkanth

Hi there,

Great to hear you have a few options! I know it can be tricky figuring out which one is right for you as there are a lot of factors at play.

For starters I would recommend looking through the individual courses at each of the unis and see if you can find out the modules you will study and work you will produce. This may give you an insight into what you’re interested in.

Second you want to consider the learning environment for the courses. I do not know much about the other universities but Bath has a huge host of support for students including well-being services, financial support, student mentors, personal tutors etc, so whatever you may struggle with there will be support there to assist you through and ensure you are able to learn and perform at your best throughout the course so you get the most out of your degree.

Furthermore, you want to consider outside the scope of academics and consider where you will be living for the year. It would be worth looking into what each of the cities have to offer such as aesthetic, night life, restaurants, supermarkets etc. Personally Bath has been great in terms of things to do, super easy transport links between the city centre/student housing areas and the university, and lots of student socials happening within the city.

Overall, you’ll want to consider all aspects of each university, including its learning environment, the course you are studying, the town itself, extra-curriculars etc. congratulations on your offers and good luck making a decision!

- Sophie (uni of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending