The Student Room Group
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website

Northeastern University London Essay Competition

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NULondon Lana
Hi there! I’m an ambassador for Northeastern and here’s some info that may help you to decide below.
- The celebration event is to celebrate successes and collect certificates.
- Please RSVP, even if you change your mind this is the best way to confirm that you are attending. The RSVP link is in email comms.
- If you haven't received results, you most likely unsubscribed from our emails.
- Travel reimbursement is available for students who meet certain criteria.
- Parents and students are allowed to attend but only for some of the day.
Other information is on the FAQ section of the website. www.nulondon.ac.uk/essay-faq
Congratulations with your amazing achievement.

I have received a notification that I have been shortlisted for the Northeastern University London Essay competition. However, I am confused as to whether I will be attending the award ceremony on May 4th, 2024, and receive a medal and certificate. The confusion arose because the FAQ section no 21 on the website mentioned that shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate through mail and a medal if they attend the ceremony, but the email I received did not include any such information. Can you please clarify whether I will be attending the event and receiving the medal and certificate? If so, what is the next step? How can I register myself for the event?

Thank you very much in advance
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Farhinaa
If check 21 no . They also invited shortlisted to the ceremony but mail says nothing about it .
Ah I see. Yah I didn’t look at that. That’s odd that the mail didn’t say anything. When I got the finalist email there was a link for booking a place at the ceremony, it would make sense that you would have gotten that too.
Original post by Farhinaa
I have received a notification that I have been shortlisted for the Northeastern University London Essay competition. However, I am confused as to whether I will be attending the award ceremony on May 4th, 2024, and receive a medal and certificate. The confusion arose because the FAQ section no 21 on the website mentioned that shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate through mail and a medal if they attend the ceremony, but the email I received did not include any such information. Can you please clarify whether I will be attending the event and receiving the medal and certificate? If so, what is the next step? How can I register myself for the event?
Thank you very much in advance
Hi there, and congratulations on being shortlisted! What a great achievement :smile:

While all shortlisted candidates wrote excellent essays and will receive a certificate via email, only finalists are invited to the award ceremony to collect certificates and medals in-person. I hope this helps!
Original post by alikurnaz._5
I received a mail that started like this: "We are delighted to let you know that your essay was shortlisted in our essay competition" What does this mean? How will it benefit me?
Hi there, and congratulations on getting shortlisted! That's great news.

Shortlisted candidates wrote excellent essays and will receive a certificate via email. Finalists are invited to our award ceremony and will receive their certificates and medals in-person. I hope this helps, and well done again!
Original post by NULondon Lottie
Hi there, and congratulations on getting shortlisted! That's great news.
Shortlisted candidates wrote excellent essays and will receive a certificate via email. Finalists are invited to our award ceremony and will receive their certificates and medals in-person. I hope this helps, and well done again!

Hi, Thanks for the elucidating.

But I have a question. How many people selected for Shortlisted for a subject?
Hi, Thanks for the elucidating.
But I have a question. How many people selected for Shortlisted for a subject?

Hi there - I can't give an exact number, but the shortlisted candidates fell in the top portion of submissions.
Reply 66
Original post by pav_kvu
If anyone wants to join, dm me and I'll add you to the whatsapp gc :smile:

can I join too?
Reply 67
Original post by odd_jaw
can I join too?

I’m part of the group chat so if you dm your number I can add you.🙃
Reply 68
Original post by Lugg13
I’m part of the group chat so if you dm your number I can add you.🙃

Thank you, but its saying my account still needs time before I can send a dm. Although, I can receive messages so if you could send me your number and then I'll text you so you can add me to the chat?
Reply 69
can someone please dm me their number so i can get added to the group. thanks
Original post by NULondon Lottie
Hi there - I can't give an exact number, but the shortlisted candidates fell in the top portion of submissions.

Hello again.
This year, I was selected for the Shortlist in the field of Philosophy. The email mentioned that I could use this for my CV. I was asked to come to the UK for the award, but I won't be able to make it. Will a document proving my achievement be sent?
Hello again.
This year, I was selected for the Shortlist in the field of Philosophy. The email mentioned that I could use this for my CV. I was asked to come to the UK for the award, but I won't be able to make it. Will a document proving my achievement be sent?

Hi there! Yes, you should receive a digital certificate via email proving your achievement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending