The Student Room Group

Girls with big chests

I have a question but no one attack me plz..

I am a female who's naturally slim so I have a tinyyyyy chest, it makes me very insecure wearing most tops, and push-up bras don't do anything for me. I don't like them so I hide them.

(Please don't attack me) Why do bigger girls always say they hate their bigger chests but always show them off? (I know not all of them) And always complain that other people say they're showing them off when they're just wearing 'normal' tops/dresses/etc.? I'll use my flat mate as an example... and also I'm not fatphobic or whatever it's called or body shaming even though this may sound like it:

My flatmate used to be skinny last year but gained (a lot of) weight recently. Not due to genetics or mental health but because she stopped doing any exercise and just ate non-stop, always ordering like 4 takeaways a day and sat in her room playing games. So obviously her chest grew a LOT. Like an insane amount. Before this chest-weight-gain she never showed her chest, and now she wears the most revealing clothes ever. And some of them are 'normal' clothes (by this I mean just like a tank top or something), but she'll purposefully pull it down a lot to show her chest. And she moans that people say she's showing them off when she's just wearing a tank top.

She always complains about how much she hates them and everyone stares and boys only like her because of them, but she'll keep showing them off? She used to wear massive jumpers and never anythingggg that showed even an inch of any part of her chest, but now she'll wear really skimpy dresses or tops with huge cut outs and then complain.

Is this like a male gaze sorta thing I just don't get why some bigger girls do this?

Again I'm not trying to body shame or anything, and I'll happily admit I'd want a bigger chest so boys like me more LOL, but I wouldn't complain about them and how boys only want one thing blah blah and then show them off for those same boys...........?

Edit: Not even just bigger girls but anyone with bigger chests that complain about them all the time tbh
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
I think the issue here is that you think she's dressing up for male attention. Contrary to the narrative pushed by the media, most of us dress up to feel pretty for ourselves not anyone else. It's a form of self care and self love.

I don't think I qualify as a proper example since I'm not that big chested. However, they did grow suddenly at 19 when I was perfectly happy being an average size. And I COMPLAINED. I still complain. I think smaller is cuter and a handful is graceful. I also think the bigger they are, the harder they fall in old age so I was happy being a normal size. Despite all my complaints, I still wear tight outfits and tops that show my cleavage. Why? It's my body now. No amount of whining will change it so I might as well start loving it again. When I doll myself up, I spend a lot of time just loving on myself in the mirror. I only want my attention and no one else's so of course, I'll be annoyed if some random dude stares too hard. I didn't dress up for him. I don't even know him. I dressed up for ME.
Original post by DarylO
I think the issue here is that you think she's dressing up for male attention. Contrary to the narrative pushed by the media, most of us dress up to feel pretty for ourselves not anyone else. It's a form of self care and self love.

I don't think I qualify as a proper example since I'm not that big chested. However, they did grow suddenly at 19 when I was perfectly happy being an average size. And I COMPLAINED. I still complain. I think smaller is cuter and a handful is graceful. I also think the bigger they are, the harder they fall in old age so I was happy being a normal size. Despite all my complaints, I still wear tight outfits and tops that show my cleavage. Why? It's my body now. No amount of whining will change it so I might as well start loving it again. When I doll myself up, I spend a lot of time just loving on myself in the mirror. I only want my attention and no one else's so of course, I'll be annoyed if some random dude stares too hard. I didn't dress up for him. I don't even know him. I dressed up for ME.

yes gurl
Reply 3
Big boobs are a double edged sword, they look attractive but can also lead to inappropriate behaviour and be bit of a physical liability
1. You can be skinny or fat and have small or big boobs
2. Wearing a baggy jumper is cute when you're skinny but loose big clothes look like a tent when boobs are big
3. You only notice the big boobed ones in revealing clothes, women who have bigger ones and hiding them you of course wouldn't notice or know their size duh
4. you're not in her head to know she's not got MH issues nor does she have to tell you, hell sometimes people dont even admit it to themselves
5. Big boobs are not special these days it's all about bums and maybe legs
6. You notice this because you're fixated on it, i've know thin women moan how tiny they are while also wearing revealing clothes. You can want to change your body but still don't hate yourself
7. Shes not used to her new body or dressing for her shape
8. if she complains you don't have to listen why dont you tell her what you really think? instead of *****ing about her
9. when she pulls her top down she could betrying to cover up her stomach
10. it's possible to think your big boobs look nice but also uncomfortable
11 she probably noticed your jealousy and stares and felt bad about you so she is making you realise the grass isnt greener and trying to make you feel better by listing the negatives

just leave the poor girl alone and focus on your own body issues.
Reply 5
Honestly (for me), it's not even on purpose, a lot of tops aren't made for girls with big boobs. So the same top that's not revealing on someone with small boobs looks really revealing on some with big boobs.

Latest

Trending

Trending