The Student Room Group

Pharmacy EPQ Ideas

Hi my proposal deadline is coming up really soon and I am so confused about what to research. I want to do an MPharm degree in London and base my EPQ on some controversial drug or something? I was considering ozempic, thalidomide or opioid drugs - but I feel like they’re too vague or overdone. Does anyone have any advice on an interesting pharmacy topic I can research?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Useful online course about doing an EPQ from Uni of Bath - who also offer Pharmacy, Pharmacology and Chemistry for Drug Discovery btw - https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/epq-success

For an EPQ you need to keep the topic very simple - its a short extended essay and not a 3 year PhD thesis.

It also needs to be something where there is enough available material - so choosing something like..... thalidomide, or the disproven-link between MMR vaccinations and autism, laughing gas addiction, or any other topic that has been covered by the media and where you can easily access material, is actually very sensible.

It does not need to reach any astonishingly original conclusion - just that you understand how to gather material, read it, and then write sensibly, and that you have developed indépendant study skills. That is all. So it is entirely irrelevant if anyone else has already 'done it'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending