The Student Room Group

Think i may have scratched someone’s car but unsure, didn’t hear or feel anything.

Think i may have scratched someone’s car but had no idea as I didn’t feel or hear anything.

I was driving home and there were cars parked on my side and a car coming the opposite way, I pull in to give way to the car and as the car passes I go to drive, but in front of me there was 2 massive pot holes so I turned the wheel quite sharply to get out the way. Didn’t think anything of it at all, as you would🤷🏻*♀️, anyways I get home park up everything’s good. Maybe about 10 minutes later a car comes driving slowly through my street and pulls around. Gets out the car with a flashlight walking up and down the houses and gets to my car and to me it looked as if his flashlight was on my car (stood right behind it).
My first thought is obviously- why is this guy stood behind my car?
So he stays outside for a good while (not just next to my car) but walking close to other houses by me?
Doesn’t knock on the door or anything (I’m parked on a drive so it’s obvious what my house is)
I’m not sure if it was because it’s was 10:30 at night the person didn’t knock but I’m not sure?
Anyways. After he leaves I go outside and there are a good few scratches on my car by the back end (by the right back wheel) but my cars quite old so to me they could’ve been there for ages I’m not 100% sure. But if I have scratched that car, that’s most likely where they’ll be?
I’m just really scared because I’m a new driver and honestly don’t know if I’d scratched the car or not..
Hmm, the fact you've jumped to this conclusion then checked your own car hints that you know or at least strongly suspect you made contact with someone's car.

Personally I would have went out and challenged the guy, for all we know he was looking for a lost cat or whatever, but now you just need to sit in limbo waiting for the police chap at the door or the angry call from your insurer.

Since you know what his car looked I'd now be going back to where you made this turn and checking for that car and any damage to it
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
Hmm, the fact you've jumped to this conclusion then checked your own car hints that you know or at least strongly suspect you made contact with someone's car.

Personally I would have went out and challenged the guy, for all we know he was looking for a lost cat or whatever, but now you just need to sit in limbo waiting for the police chap at the door or the angry call from your insurer.

Since you know what his car looked I'd now be going back to where you made this turn and checking for that car and any damage to it

if the police come they could just say no comment and refuse to comply
Original post by isa04
if the police come they could just say no comment and refuse to comply

Yea best of luck with that position :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending