The Student Room Group

Can I get an STI from tongue injury?

Hi all,

So I'm aware that oral sex is riskier when there are cuts in the mouth (tongues, gums, etc) - as it means a possible entry point for infection.

Annoyingly I managed to burn my tongue a little yesterday with hot water, it's not back to normal: still a slight funny sensation and loss of taste in a certain area of my tongue, but no visible difference/cut...but should I abstain from giving oral sex (or even kissing) until back to normal?

I ask because I am likely to be intimate with someone this week, who I have never been with before - so want to play it safe!

Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,

So I'm aware that oral sex is riskier when there are cuts in the mouth (tongues, gums, etc) - as it means a possible entry point for infection.

Annoyingly I managed to burn my tongue a little yesterday with hot water, it's not back to normal: still a slight funny sensation and loss of taste in a certain area of my tongue, but no visible difference/cut...but should I abstain from giving oral sex (or even kissing) until back to normal?

I ask because I am likely to be intimate with someone this week, who I have never been with before - so want to play it safe!

Thanks!

Sorry to ask but are you male or female, also is the person in question male or female?… just because if the other person is male then obviously it would be safer if he wore a condom.. even still, that won’t guarantee you not to contract anything that might be lurking… bit of a difficult one to accurately answer I think.. best bet would be to abstain from anything that could put you at risk

Quick Reply

Latest