The Student Room Group

how to improve my grades?

i have grades such as 3s and 4s and want to improve my grades in each subject i do to a 5 or 6
i also see that ppl get higher grades and i want to pass my gcses
any adivce?
Revision and studying
Original post by oursgrace
i have grades such as 3s and 4s and want to improve my grades in each subject i do to a 5 or 6
any adivce?

I’d say try and revise using whatever methods work best for you, look at past exam papers so you know what kinds of questions you might get and how best to answer them and maybe ask for support from teachers or peers and there’s a lot of online resources if you need them.

could I ask what subjects you take? I’m more than happy to help you with improving your grades where I can if we take any similar ones :smile:
any adivce?

determination and perseverance is the path to success....i'm saying this from experience...i gave my first igcse when i was 14 and scored B.i was initally very great at maths(always scored above 90%) so it was a huge drawback...then i worked hard and succeeded in getting A* in all three sciences.... get urself motivation from other students or people like u who have acquired higher than you(for me it was my siblings)...
ensure all or most of your concepts are clear.in areas of weakness,practise questions from pp of other variant(for eg.41,42,43).make sticky notes of things u're finding difficult to learn and stick it on a wall or a place where you can see and revise throughly while walking or eating.watch videos from khan academy, browse pmt and save my exams for additional informations(that u're unclear about).
Reply 4
Original post by KiwiBunny123
I’d say try and revise using whatever methods work best for you, look at past exam papers so you know what kinds of questions you might get and how best to answer them and maybe ask for support from teachers or peers and there’s a lot of online resources if you need them.

could I ask what subjects you take? I’m more than happy to help you with improving your grades where I can if we take any similar ones :smile:

health and social care
child care
combined sciences
maths
hospitality and catering
english literature and language
health and social care
child care
combined sciences
maths
hospitality and catering
english literature and language

I do health and social, science, English lit and lang and maths (although maths isn’t really my strongest area) so let me know if you’d like any help :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest