The Student Room Group

Are you able to move six-forms transitioning from year 12 to year 13

I've been thinking of moving six-forms for a while, I haven't been bullied, have no trouble with students, and I know a good amount of people in my college - however, I would rather move to a different six-form that is more academically serious that the six form college I currently go to. I feel out of place. I have good GCSE results and have been consistently on A's and B's for as levels. Is it possible for me to move?
Reply 1
It is technically possible, but, assuming you don’t want to retake y12, it can be a logistical nightmare. Finding another sixth form that does the same exam boards/ modules you studied in year one can be a real issue and differences in teaching can mean even if you match up perfectly, you may end up missing certain modules and overlapping others. Generally it’s best to either stick it out or commit to re taking the year, but I recommend reaching out to potential sixth forms about your situation just in case. It’s really dependant on how flexible you’re willing to be and how willing they are to accept you.
Only if
a) they offer the same subjects from the same Exam Boards and with the same optional syllabus choices that you are now studying
b) they have a space for you on all of those subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest