The Student Room Group

Too late to apply/uni advice

Hi there,
I'm currently at a university centre at my town its more of a higher education place than uni. They are not continuing next year as apparently the numbers are not high enough and also there is a staff shortage. I'm currently completing my level 5 (HND) and next year doing the level 6 (Bsc) which has been cancelled. I was looking at going onto Masters after that. I was wondering though would it be to late to apply for a place at another Uni? I was looking towards Lincoln, Hull or Sheffield. I think my best bet and what I plan to do is to email around and see what can happen. Ideally I would like to start this September.
Thanks in advance!
With an HND you would really probably want to be looking at top up degrees as that will allow you to finish your degree in one year. 3 year degree programmes very rarely take transfer students into final year (ive never heard of it happening). Starting from 1st year again or even from 2nd year would mean you would run into funding issues having studied 2 years at HE level already.

In terms of applying you can apply after the deadline, it just means they don't have to consider you on equal terms to those that applied before the deadline. You can contact unis to ask if they will still be considering applications after the deadline for a given course and if they confirm yes, you can still apply.

Otherwise you can always apply through clearing.
Thanks for that I have looked an seen Lincoln offer some top ups but I'm going to contact them tomorrow over the phone and see if they have a top up available.

Quick Reply

Latest