The Student Room Group

Transfer out of Russell Group for non-Russell group

(edited 6 months ago)
Do you have a specific uni in mind or are just thinking of transferring in general?
Reply 2
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Juliadoeswork
Yes I want to move back home and go to NTU. I got an offer

You had an offer this year but ended up going to Brum?

If so, I would recommend calling the Department of Social and Political Sciences of NTU and asking whether there is any chance of joining them late, (do not email, you need a quick response). If they say no, at leat you know where you stand and can have a think whether you need to withdraw, (I'd suggest staying until Xmas to see how things shake out), and reapply in the next cycle.

I would also recommend speaking to your personal tutor as they can advise if you have other options, such as swapping courses at Brum.
Reply 4
Forgot to include crucial detail: I’m in second year. I’ve been made an offer from Nottingham Trent for 2nd yr entry. I’ve not been happy for a long time
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Juliadoeswork
Forgot to include crucial detail: I’m in second year. I’ve been made an offer from Nottingham Trent for 2nd yr entry. I’ve not been happy for a long time

When did they issue the offer for second year entry? Unless it was very recent, the same advice applies. You need to call them, (not sure why you haven't done this today), and ask whether they'd stil accept you to join this years year 2 cohort or if its too late.

Then you decide what to do. Otherwise you're stressing about an option you may no longer have.
Reply 6
They have already offered me a second year place. I’m on here asking for advice on whether it matters to stay at Russell group Uni or not. I think I’ll be happier if I move but I’m still doubtful.
Reply 7
I got the offer yesterday.

Original post by Admit-One
When did they issue the offer for second year entry? Unless it was very recent, the same advice applies. You need to call them, (not sure why you haven't done this today), and ask whether they'd stil accept you to join this years year 2 cohort or if its too late.

Then you decide what to do. Otherwise you're stressing about an option you may no longer have.
RG meaningless for the majority of careers so there’s not much of a dilemma here tbh. If you dislike the course and uni there’s no reason to stay other than to avoid the disruption of joining another cohort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending