The Student Room Group

art final peices ideas

Hi,
i have my final art exam coming up and for our exam theme, i picked "The News"( it comes with social media, press, television news, bulletin), i have decided to go through social media news but now stuck on what to do.
What are suggestions for final peice?
Thanks
Might you focus on coverage of a particular news event - perhaps one that has multiple viewpoints and where the social media output reflects this?
Original post by cheadle
Might you focus on coverage of a particular news event - perhaps one that has multiple viewpoints and where the social media output reflects this?

ooooh maybe like a uk terroist attack, 9/11, covid?
wht drawings could i do? i dont want it to be basic.
They would all be suitable I guess but what about a particular incident that had resonance with you personally, a story that kept you hooked to the news for updates? Think it would be good if you could find a personal link as this will probably make it easier to answer the second question. Drawings would be part of it for sure but also graphics and maybe even an audio visual component if that is permissible - though if it's a final piece you presumably have to produce in a single time limited session?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by cheadle
They would all be suitable I guess but what about a particular incident that had resonance with you personally, a story that kept you hooked to the news for updates? Think it would be good if you could find a personal link as this will probably make it easier to answer the second question. Drawings would be part of it for sure but also graphics and maybe even an audio visual component if that is permissible - though if it's a final piece you presumably have to produce in a single time limited session?

covid was major to me. Maybe i could design something online? like news articles/ covid mask/ social media logos all around in one page? wud that be nice
Great. You'll have access to tons of news coverage plus, as you say, all the COVID iconography. I'm thinking now of all the new signs and warnings that emerged during the COVID period.
Original post by cheadle
Great. You'll have access to tons of news coverage plus, as you say, all the COVID iconography. I'm thinking now of all the new signs and warnings that emerged during the COVID period.

What could i do for covid 19 though. Put everything in one page? do one drawing?
What about collage?
Original post by cheadle
What about collage?

collage but what pics and stuff#/
The thing you have to keep hold of is the theme of your piece, which is "The News" . Isn't on COVID itself but on COVD in the news, specifically social media. Just do some searching to see what grabs your attention.

Quick Reply

Latest