The Student Room Group

Is it too late to go to university September 2023

clue is in the title

I have not applied and intend to go in 2024 however if I can go in 2023 it would be much better

Have I got time in like 5 1/2 months to apply and then apply for funding?

hift
No, there is ton of universities which have clearing in August so you can apply now on UCAS or wait for clearing. Yes you have time.
Original post by alanb21
No, there is ton of universities which have clearing in August so you can apply now on UCAS or wait for clearing. Yes you have time.

And roughly how long will it take me to get finance from Sfe because I know that's a chore?
I mean you can still apply via UCAS up unitl summer for non clearing spaces (normal regular application)

I know that cos I've tried before they still consider your application. I know the "official" deadline is january but don't pay too much attention to that
I'm a mature applicant I am not doing exams.

I would much rather go in 23 than 24.

If I can
First of all what are you applying for, or want to apply for and what uni and what are your qualifications or upcoming qualifications?
SFE isn't a chore, it didn't take me long to do and I got my first decision quite quickly.
Original post by alanb21
First of all what are you applying for, or want to apply for and what uni and what are your qualifications or upcoming qualifications?
SFE isn't a chore, it didn't take me long to do and I got my first decision quite quickly.

I'll be applying for music prouction at like Leeds School of Music and Bristol equivalent

I have AAB from previous A Levels so shouldn't be a problem getting an offer of some sort plus I am a self taught electronic musician of 12 years HOWEVER I can't think of a single person who will be my referee
Original post by howifeltoday
I'll be applying for music prouction at like Leeds School of Music and Bristol equivalent

I have AAB from previous A Levels so shouldn't be a problem getting an offer of some sort plus I am a self taught electronic musician of 12 years HOWEVER I can't think of a single person who will be my referee

Hey @howifeltoday,

If you've got an idea of Universities/courses and are keen on starting in Sept 2023 I'd definitely check in first on UCAS to make sure they're still open for applications - you don't want to come to apply for them and not be able to! In terms of your reference - if you're going to find it difficult to get one from a college/teacher, some universities are also happy to accept employer references. Its worth dropping them an email to double check they're happy to do this, but it might give you more options when it comes to references!

All the best - let me know if you have any queries, we're always happy to advise!
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending