The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

liklehood of getting into UCL

so i recently applied for a masters at UCL. i made a stupid mistake and ended up submitting a very *****y personal statement.However, i have a first class degree so i was wondering if they will care too much about my personal statement? also, i know if the programme is overcrowded they will look at PS so no need to mention that guys :frown:
It will be primarily based on your grades and whatever other qualifications you have up to this point, but obviously they'll take a look at your PS. If you have a first that's a good thing, and they know that you have an interest in the topic assuming you have spent the past 3/4 years studying it.
I would assume the PS would come into play if they're deciding between you and another candidate with similar academic performance. If they've put in more effort and shown themselves to be a more interested and dedicated candidate, then it would make sense to pick that person.

I haven't even started uni and I don't know how postgraduate application works though so you might want to disregard me.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending