The Student Room Group

Can I report someone who forced me to do his courseworks and exam?

Hi, I was forced by someone to do their courseworks and final year exams at University. This person had been sexually abusing me & isolated me completely. I was forced & manipulated into doing his exams in hopes that i would get out of the abuse. But that person have graduated now. I want to report him to the University but I’m afraid that University Won’t believe me & would also penalise me for helping him. We studied different courses and were in different years. Can anyone please advise on how i can report him to University while also making it clear to University that I didn’t willingly did all that work instead I was forced. I have all the emails & material that I created for him. Thanks in advance for your help!!
You need to take legal advice on this urgently.
As above this goes beyond academic misconduct into actual criminal activity on the part of the other person and so you should report them to the police for the abuse, first and foremost - then reporting to the uni would be a practical next step I would imagine, unless the police advise you to wait while they are investigating or something.
Original post by HungryPanda067
Hi, I was forced by someone to do their courseworks and final year exams at University. This person had been sexually abusing me & isolated me completely. I was forced & manipulated into doing his exams in hopes that i would get out of the abuse. But that person have graduated now. I want to report him to the University but I’m afraid that University Won’t believe me & would also penalise me for helping him. We studied different courses and were in different years. Can anyone please advise on how i can report him to University while also making it clear to University that I didn’t willingly did all that work instead I was forced. I have all the emails & material that I created for him. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hi there @HungryPanda067

Sorry to hear you have been through such a traumatic time.

All universities have a department where you can report this behaviour. I encourage you to do so when you are able to.

Have you spoken to the police in regards to this? For further support you can also speak to Victim Support who can advise on steps you can take to report this as well as provide emotional support.

Look after yourself.

Best wishes,
TSR Support
Original post by TSR-Support
Hi there @HungryPanda067

Sorry to hear you have been through such a traumatic time.

All universities have a department where you can report this behaviour. I encourage you to do so when you are able to.

Have you spoken to the police in regards to this? For further support you can also speak to Victim Support who can advise on steps you can take to report this as well as provide emotional support.

Look after yourself.

Best wishes,
TSR Support

Thanks for your advice. I had already reported it to police. They had arrested him but later they dropped the case by saying that there isn’t enough evidence. I had provided them screenshots and screen recordings of his threats, abuse & harassment. They didn’t dare to check with Hospital & University. Instead they just told me that they cannot take the case further.

so now my only option is to report to university in hope to get some justice. But I’m afraid that this would jeopardise my degree too if University doesn’t believe me. I have lost all already and this degree is something that i have been putting constant effort for. The counselling team at University said that they would support my report as I had been in touch with a psychiatrist for a very long time. Can anyone advice me if they know what would be the best way to present this to University. I really appreciate your responses more than i can express here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending