The Student Room Group

Online contacting

I blocked this guy I was talking to on pretty much every social media platform and he is still trying to contact me through my classmates, friends, snapchat and even calling me on a different phone number and putting 'no caller ID' on so I can't block him or even know its him. I feel like he is not going to stop there because he has tried COUNTLESS times to contact me. I have been nice and told him I do not want to talk to him, and also told him harshly but he will not listen. I dont even know what to do anymore and feel distressed and stupid.

*this has been going on for 7 months now.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by happyhippo1234
I blocked this guy I was talking to on pretty much every social media platform and he is still trying to contact me through my classmates, friends, snapchat and even calling me on a different phone number and putting 'no caller ID' on so I can't block him or even know its him. I feel like he is not going to stop there because he has tried COUNTLESS times to contact me. I have been nice and told him I do not want to talk to him, and also told him harshly but he will not listen. I dont even know what to do anymore and feel distressed and stupid.

*this has been going on for 7 months now.

What he's doing is harassment, and is an offence under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. Report him to the police.
Reply 2
Maybe get a friend to tell him what he’s doing is wrong and if it doesn’t stop he will be reported to the police. Or if you’ve already tried this, contact the police for some advice. Hopefully they will take it seriously and help put an end to it
Reply 3
I'd make it clear to him that you'll be contacting the police if he continues. Or I guess you could just go straight to the police, but personally I'd give him a warning first, since that might make him stop.
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a distressing situation. It's important to remember that you have the right to your own boundaries and to feel safe in your own space. It sounds like you have already taken the necessary steps to cut off contact with this person by blocking them on social media and telling them that you don't want to talk to them.

If the person continues to contact you through different channels, it may be time to consider taking legal action or getting a restraining order. It's important to talk to someone you trust about this, such as a family member, a close friend, or a professional counselor.

Remember that you are not alone and that there are resources available to help you. It's not your fault that this person is not respecting your boundaries, and you deserve to feel safe and respected. Stay strong and take care of yourself.
thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending