The Student Room Group

future career/can i break into investment banking

Hi! Im currently in yr12 , i take a level biology, geography and psychology, ive been thinking about neuroscience at warwick, earth sciences at durham or bristol, and some others.
But ive also been thinking about investment banking…. Would i be able to get into ib if i do a stem degree at a target uni and get into loads of internships after uni? Maybe even do my masters in a finance related subject at somewhere like oxford?
Original post by sinforem
Hi! Im currently in yr12 , i take a level biology, geography and psychology, ive been thinking about neuroscience at warwick, earth sciences at durham or bristol, and some others.
But ive also been thinking about investment banking…. Would i be able to get into ib if i do a stem degree at a target uni and get into loads of internships after uni? Maybe even do my masters in a finance related subject at somewhere like oxford?

Most places in banking etc, and IB follows this idea, don’t care about your degree. If you have the grades, pass their tests, and you ace every other part of the application process you have a chance to get in. Go to a target/semi target uni, get involved in extracurriculars, maybe finsoc or similar so you can show your interest, and apply early for spring weeks and you can have a shot to enter the industry

Quick Reply

Latest