The Student Room Group

Would i able to get into a sixth from college with just 4 GCSEs pass?

The entry requirements are 5 GCSEs at grade 9-4 and additional entry requirements in some subjects. But the subject that i chose just required 4 in English language. And now i just got 40 days til my GCSE, is too late to do revision for 5 subjects. So, my plan is pass my English, English literature, Maths, science and Art, if i’ve done Maths and English literature, I won’t have time to study science🥹 The course that I chose are nothing to do with science, so would i be able to get in?😭
Reply 1
Well yea you mainly need your passes in English language and Maths for a lot of unis. Typically grade 5s in both
Original post by Cynnn
The entry requirements are 5 GCSEs at grade 9-4 and additional entry requirements in some subjects. But the subject that i chose just required 4 in English language. And now i just got 40 days til my GCSE, is too late to do revision for 5 subjects. So, my plan is pass my English, English literature, Maths, science and Art, if i’ve done Maths and English literature, I won’t have time to study science🥹 The course that I chose are nothing to do with science, so would i be able to get in?😭

No - you need 5 as it says. What are the over-subscription rules?
A sixth form is unlikely to accept just 4 if the entry criteria is 5.

You might get away with it for a Level 3 Extended BTEC at college (anecdotally my son was offered a place on one based on 4 GCSEs and a Silver (L2) Arts Award, rather than the standard 5 GCSE offer), but at a sixth form I'd be really truly surprised if you get any offers with just 4.

Surely it would make more sense for you to keep the Science (isn't it a dual award?) and drop one of the other subjects like English Lit or Art, because then you'd still have 5 passes.
What is it that you're applying to study?
Reply 4
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
A sixth form is unlikely to accept just 4 if the entry criteria is 5.

You might get away with it for a Level 3 Extended BTEC at college (anecdotally my son was offered a place on one based on 4 GCSEs and a Silver (L2) Arts Award, rather than the standard 5 GCSE offer), but at a sixth form I'd be really truly surprised if you get any offers with just 4.

Surely it would make more sense for you to keep the Science (isn't it a dual award?) and drop one of the other subjects like English Lit or Art, because then you'd still have 5 passes.
What is it that you're applying to study?

I am applying A level history of art, photography and graphic design. Is too late to drop subjects unfortunately :cry2:And i am doing combine science so is basically count one gcse.

Thank you for your advice.:smile:
Original post by Cynnn
I am applying A level history of art, photography and graphic design. Is too late to drop subjects unfortunately :cry2:And i am doing combine science so is basically count one gcse.

Thank you for your advice.:smile:

You're kinda just going to have to revise really really well then. Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest