The Student Room Group

Am I making her uncomfortable by messaging her?

I am a 22 year old guy who never had a girlfriend before and I have been messaging many girls on Instagram who have been in the 18-23(mostly 19-22) age range and they were all in the same school as me and I found them from the suggested profiles list and we have common followers. So far like 4 or 5 of them are chatting with me and many have even ghosted and blocked me before but there is one girl who is 18 almost 19 who is from Darjeeling in India but she lives in our city Bangalore in India and she looks more like an East or South East Asian so she looks super cute. Actually my hometown is also in Siliguri in West Bengal, India which is super close to Darjeeling and she has been to Siliguri many times because the airport is in my hometown. So I thought we would have things in common to talk about as our hometowns are nearby and we both live in Bangalore now for a long time. We were in the same school but she was my junior so we didn't know each other in school. Now she is in 1st year of college and I am in 4th year of college and in different colleges too. I messaged her last week but she didn't reply so I texted her the second time and then she replied but suddenly her friend who is also an 18-20 year old girl messaged me for double texting her friend like that. I apologized to both and this girl seems fine chatting with me but still she often leaves my messages on seen even when I ask her questions like whether she likes rock music or not. Is it bad that I am still trying to message her? Our hometowns are super close so I still don't know why she isn't that interested.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a 22 year old guy who never had a girlfriend before and I have been messaging many girls on Instagram who have been in the 18-23(mostly 19-22) age range and they were all in the same school as me and I found them from the suggested profiles list and we have common followers. So far like 4 or 5 of them are chatting with me and many have even ghosted and blocked me before but there is one girl who is 18 almost 19 who is from Darjeeling in India but she lives in our city Bangalore in India and she looks more like an East or South East Asian so she looks super cute. Actually my hometown is also in Siliguri in West Bengal, India which is super close to Darjeeling and she has been to Siliguri many times because the airport is in my hometown. So I thought we would have things in common to talk about as our hometowns are nearby and we both live in Bangalore now for a long time. We were in the same school but she was my junior so we didn't know each other in school. Now she is in 1st year of college and I am in 4th year of college and in different colleges too. I messaged her last week but she didn't reply so I texted her the second time and then she replied but suddenly her friend who is also an 18-20 year old girl messaged me for double texting her friend like that. I apologized to both and this girl seems fine chatting with me but still she often leaves my messages on seen even when I ask her questions like whether she likes rock music or not. Is it bad that I am still trying to message her? Our hometowns are super close so I still don't know why she isn't that interested.

I don't think you should assume that she would be interested just because of the convienence of the situation, based on the fact you live in close hometowns and stuff doesn't mean you would suit or make you any more compatible. I would stop messaging, you may not be making her feel uncomfortable, but you are certainly wasting your time. If she were interested she would be alot more eager, and would certainly be messaging you back. My advice would be to focus less on relationships. Love comes when it wants, don't go trying to artifically seek it out. It happens at the time when you are fully content with youself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending