The Student Room Group

Friend dilemma

Hi

So to start this i’ll set this scene. So me and my two friends are going to a music festival, two of us live 3 hours away and one lives 1 hour away from the festival.

So we were looking at a hotel for the night but the one who lives an hour away said she’d just get the bus home at 11 at night.

So the two of us booking the hotel are going to have a hassle because all the check in times are from 3 o’clock onwards. So we’ll have to ask if they can give us the keys at like half 11 at night once we walk back from the festival.

So my parents suggested I ask my friend who lives an hour away if we can stay there for the night (I say suggested but they were annoyed when I protested about asking). I felt weird it but she does live alone in halls. I just feel like since she didn’t offer, I shouldn’t have asked.

I feel bad now that i’ve asked (although I told her she completely didn’t have to say yes because we’d just sort it out) but my question is “do I sound like an ass for asking that?”

(plus she hasn’t replied since i messaged her 6 hours ago, might just say tomorrow that it’s fine and we’ll sort it)
TLDR: No you aren't an ass

If you haven't been round to her house before, maybe she didn't offer because she did not want to make you uncomfortable? From my perspective, you wouldn't seem like an ass since it would seem less of a hassle for you and you gave her the opportunity to say no. I would suggest waiting until tmr for her to respond , and if she doesn't say anything for a while, talk to her and explain that your parents suggested it would be easier.
I think it's ok that you asked, as long as you weren't expecting her to say yes and wouldn't have been annoyed if she said no (because she isn't obliged to do so).
Original post by scar-the-queen
I think it's ok that you asked, as long as you weren't expecting her to say yes and wouldn't have been annoyed if she said no (because she isn't obliged to do so).

yeah, I totally don’t mind if she says no (I told her that in the text message). Thanks for the input :smile:
Original post by Banananna2006
TLDR: No you aren't an ass

If you haven't been round to her house before, maybe she didn't offer because she did not want to make you uncomfortable? From my perspective, you wouldn't seem like an ass since it would seem less of a hassle for you and you gave her the opportunity to say no. I would suggest waiting until tmr for her to respond , and if she doesn't say anything for a while, talk to her and explain that your parents suggested it would be easier.

yeah, ok that sounds like a good idea. I’m probably thinking too much into it because I can be bit anxious. Thanks for the reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending