The Student Room Group

What sanction will I get?

Essentially, I committed the cardinal sin of using ChatGPT to find quotes from a book and used them in an assignment. I don't know why I thought I wouldn't get investigated for it, but I am. The issue is, the quotes and context are all wrong, but none of the actual essay itself is written by an AI. I know I will receive a sanction, but the question is what will I get? Expelled? A zero? Fail the module?

For context, i'm a first year undergrad student.
Original post by whataknob
Essentially, I committed the cardinal sin of using ChatGPT to find quotes from a book and used them in an assignment. I don't know why I thought I wouldn't get investigated for it, but I am. The issue is, the quotes and context are all wrong, but none of the actual essay itself is written by an AI. I know I will receive a sanction, but the question is what will I get? Expelled? A zero? Fail the module?

man,you have to have brains to use chatgpt.in the very least,proof check the answer...i have used it for multiple maths and english questions(tempest for eg) to which the answers were given totally wrong.either calculation or interpretation errors. luckily,i dont heavily rely on it but jus get a rough idea(such as formulas and so on) so it hasn't been a much loss for me...
Reply 2
Original post by whataknob

You won't be withdrawn in first year, it almost never happens. You will likely get a 0 and an academic malpractice course to complete.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending