The Student Room Group

I got into PWC flying start but I like another uni more

I've applied to Accounting/Finance and have received back all my offers, and am stuck between York and Nottingham. I was pretty set on firming Nottingham, but I recently attended my first York open day and I liked it a lot more than I expected.
However, for Nottingham I have recevied an offer for the Flying Start program with PWC (a top 4 accounting firm) after a very lengthy assesement process, and would feel guilty giving that up. I applied for a year in industry course for York, but will this be as good as the flying start program I would do in Nottingham? (unlike a year in industry, the PWC work placement is split into terms over the course of 4 years, and you may get a job offer at PWC after graduation).
I'm very stuck on what I should do, as from what I've seen York appeals to me a lot more (the campus is amazing, the town is more peaceful. One of Nottingham's biggest pros that people mention is its nightlife, but I'm not much of a clubbing person so this doesn't encourage me at all). I'm going back to Nottingham for one more look around in a few days, so maybe I'll fall in love with it again once I see it in more detail? I really don't want to give up my placement I worked so hard to get into, but I also don't want to regret not going to York. Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Which course at York?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending