The Student Room Group

Alevel psychology revision help

I’m currently at a C but I’m having trouble retaining all the information. I’m also reteaching myself all the content. How do I teach myself everything by May. My teacher still hasn’t finished teaching us everything, she still has 1 more topic to finish before exams.
Hi!
The way I study for psychology is going through my quizlet sets for each unit. (I do AQA and my username on quizlet is franmarsz https://quizlet.com/franmarsz/folders/a-level-psychology?x=1xqt&i=2ziyki so feel free to use them :smile:)
Once I have gone through the quizlets, repeating each flashcard until I can recite it from memory, I then 'blurt' all the information out. To do this I set a timer for like 5 mins and write down everything I can remember for a certain topic. I then go through and write in any gaps in my knowledge.
Then if I have time I do some past paper questions.
Psychology is so content heavy so I recommend learning everything first then working on exam technique. (Videos, powerpoints, websites are all useful in learning the content, as well as the textbook).
Hope this helps, and good luck with revising!
Reply 2
Original post by FrancescaM.1111
Hi!
The way I study for psychology is going through my quizlet sets for each unit. (I do AQA and my username on quizlet is franmarsz https://quizlet.com/franmarsz/folders/a-level-psychology?x=1xqt&i=2ziyki so feel free to use them :smile:)
Once I have gone through the quizlets, repeating each flashcard until I can recite it from memory, I then 'blurt' all the information out. To do this I set a timer for like 5 mins and write down everything I can remember for a certain topic. I then go through and write in any gaps in my knowledge.
Psychology is so content heavy so I recommend learning everything first then working on exam technique. (Videos, powerpoints, websites are all useful in learning the content, as well as the textbook).

Thank you so much!!

What I’m worried about is not having enough time to learn everything and revising them with only a month and a week left for the exam.
Ah yess, the countdown to the final exam is awful.
I'd recommend prioritising your weaker topics first or the more content-heavy ones like biopsychology. Perhaps aim to do 2/3 topics per week in terms of learning content and memorising and you should be done in time. But also remember it is only the first 4 topics coming up on May 19th and so you have a couple more weeks to revise the other units. Maybe create a revision timetable to see how you need to organise your revision.
Reply 4
Original post by FrancescaM.1111
Hi!

Thank you! I have my first year mocs in 2 weeks and I have really struggled to make revision materials for psychology so this is exactly what I need :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending