The Student Room Group

Which one is better pharmaceutical science or chemistry?

Hello, I finished my 13th grade study and soon will be pursuing university. I actually interested to work in the cosmetic industry especially in the formulation of products such as skincare and makeup.

During my 13th grade study, I took all science subjects and i really enjoyed learning chemistry than other subjects. I was wondering which courses are suitable for my career? Is it bachelors of chemistry or pharmaceutical science?
Original post by Yuhye
Hello, I finished my 13th grade study and soon will be pursuing university. I actually interested to work in the cosmetic industry especially in the formulation of products such as skincare and makeup.

During my 13th grade study, I took all science subjects and i really enjoyed learning chemistry than other subjects. I was wondering which courses are suitable for my career? Is it bachelors of chemistry or pharmaceutical science?

Assuming that you are interested in a job specifically as a cosmetic chemist, either could work (see here: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/how-to-become-cosmetic-chemist).

As long as you have a degree in a somewhat related subject, that’s all that matters.

It’s up to you to decide. By now, you should have thought of some universities that interest you and it would be wise to compare their courses by either going on open days/talking to alumni and comparing their websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending