The Student Room Group

University courses in Pharmacy

Hello Everyone! I am currently studying at A-level in secondary school and have developed a great passion for chemistry which I believe would prove beneficial in a pharmaceutical course. My school does not offer the seperate sciences so I had to choose a double Life and Health science course at A-Level alongside history and I am an A-A* student. Just wondering if I would still be considered in University if I call admissions and any advise on how do so would be appreciated? Thank you!
Original post by anna2006
Hello Everyone! I am currently studying at A-level in secondary school and have developed a great passion for chemistry which I believe would prove beneficial in a pharmaceutical course. My school does not offer the seperate sciences so I had to choose a double Life and Health science course at A-Level alongside history and I am an A-A* student. Just wondering if I would still be considered in University if I call admissions and any advise on how do so would be appreciated? Thank you!

It's very unlikely. Your A Level needs to be have strong chemistry content, as you would be doing a lot of chemistry in a pharmaceutical course. The biology content in lfie and health science is not likely going to help that much.

I would try to contact the universities as soon as you can. You would be ideally contacting the personnel in the pharmaceutical science/pharmacy/medical school (i.e. the specific department that offers the course at the university) and asking for the personnel responsible for undergrad admissions (as opposed to general undergrad admissions, who you sort of contact if you have difficulty locating the specific person concerned).

You would want to ask them whether double life and health science would be sufficient for the course that you want to do. If you don't have access to A Level chemistry (which college doesn't offer this?!), then you need to ask them what alternative would be suitable A Level you would need to do for what degree you want to do.
Reply 2
Thank you for replying! I hope to contact the admissions board tomorrow! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending