The Student Room Group

How to revise for British Empire "Depth" topics?

I am wondering how people study the in-depth colonies like Australia, America, India, etc. I could make flashcards, but I'd end up having at least 20 for each colony, with a ton of information on each of them. I fear it would get overwhelming.

How is best to memorise the key information?

For Germany and Italy, I'll be making max 15 cards for the whole thing, based on their themes.

Thank you.
Reply 1
I'm also studying the British Empire, but we are doing different countries, either way, I revise by making summary sheets, so I do specific events and key dates and then break them down in subheadings. Then I do blurting, so I do the summary sheet on a Google doc and then put it away. Then I write down a new summary sheet but from memory on a piece of paper to see how much I remember, then look back at the summary sheet on the doc to mark it.

I have summary sheets for each event/Country and break down the events. I like doing it on a doc because it's easier to access rather than having loads of papers.

This is just how I do it but my friends like to make tables to cover different time periods or themes.
Original post by .Shushh
I'm also studying the British Empire, but we are doing different countries, either way, I revise by making summary sheets, so I do specific events and key dates and then break them down in subheadings. Then I do blurting, so I do the summary sheet on a Google doc and then put it away. Then I write down a new summary sheet but from memory on a piece of paper to see how much I remember, then look back at the summary sheet on the doc to mark it.

I have summary sheets for each event/Country and break down the events. I like doing it on a doc because it's easier to access rather than having loads of papers.

This is just how I do it but my friends like to make tables to cover different time periods or themes.

Thanks, this is not a bad idea. Will try it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending