The Student Room Group

What is the Average financial balance for 19 yr old

Hello, I’m currently at university . I was wondering what the average amount of money people have in their savings at 19 years old.

Also how much does everyone spend at university on food alcohol ect.
I try to keep to around 150/200 a month
Reply 1
Average amount of money people have in their savings at 19 years old= £382

Also how much does everyone spend at university on food alcohol ect = £1.7bn
Reply 2
I’m on about the average university student . Not national statistics.

How is peoples savings that low? Does everyone splunk it
Reply 3
Original post by billsj
I’m on about the average university student . Not national statistics.

How is peoples savings that low? Does everyone splunk it

Per week, year or over the period of their time studying?
Original post by Bill00
Hello, I’m currently at university . I was wondering what the average amount of money people have in their savings at 19 years old.

Also how much does everyone spend at university on food alcohol ect.
I try to keep to around 150/200 a month

This is something that would vary across students on whether they're straight out of school, took a gap year, how intense their course is i.e. if they have enough time for a job, as well as how independent they are from their family
Reply 5
Original post by KA_P
This is something that would vary across students on whether they're straight out of school, took a gap year, how intense their course is i.e. if they have enough time for a job, as well as how independent they are from their family

I guess that's why they asked for an average on their first question.
Reply 6
Original post by KA_P

I’m curious because I see no one has savings . I just became 19 and have 13k from working I’m in my second yr of uni .
Original post by Phil jones
I have 10 pound and a packet of walkers ready salted

Sounds about what my experience as a student at 19 was lol...
Original post by Bill00
I’m curious because I see no one has savings . I just became 19 and have 13k from working I’m in my second yr of uni .

That's amazing!

This is all I could find, although data starts from 22 years old and is from 2018:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/personalandhouseholdfinances/incomeandwealth/articles/howwellareyoudoingcomparedwithotheryoungpeople/2018-10-04
Reply 9
Original post by Bill00

So you're here to brag...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending