The Student Room Group

Student loan when under 25 still living at home, worked for 5 years.

Hi,
I have worked full time for the past 5 years, I am 23 yrs old and still live at home with my parents. I am going to full time university this September and will have to quit my job to do so. I have got up to the question of 'have you financially supported yourself for 3 years'. I pay all of my own bills such as my car, my phone etc. But I must admit I don't pay rent or anything like that to my parents. So I was wondering what answer is best to put as I do have proof of P60s.

Thank you in advance ☺️
Original post by Skye1812
Hi,
I have worked full time for the past 5 years, I am 23 yrs old and still live at home with my parents. I am going to full time university this September and will have to quit my job to do so. I have got up to the question of 'have you financially supported yourself for 3 years'. I pay all of my own bills such as my car, my phone etc. But I must admit I don't pay rent or anything like that to my parents. So I was wondering what answer is best to put as I do have proof of P60s.
Thank you in advance ☺️

Hi Skye,

You can submit three P60's (doesn't need to be consecutive). The '3 years self support' is you supporting yourself either through work or benefits. So you don't need to disclose if you pay rent as this won't be looked at as it's determined by your employment. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending