The Student Room Group

How to write story?

How to write compelling, convincing & coherent Story?
read stories before writing it!
look at their structure, format, style and flow! make notes on this. once you're done with this,you would have a vague idea of how to start you essay on any topic and carry it on to the complete end.

there are many websites you can get free access to essays on different topics,to broaden your creativity horizon(reddit for example). the more ideas you have about 'What, When, Where, Why, How',the quicker you can make a mind map of your events, the easier it is to write a story.here is the link to two of the stories i have written,note the difference in their styles;for one,i have described one scene in the whole essay, while narrated a complete story in the other.

as for sentence structures and grammatical error, again reading is the most important factor. this is from personal experience,i finished many story books, though i must say i rarely concentrated on sentence structures or punctuation.however, as the quote states, ' a book is a silent teacher' shows that you will learn 'how to' and 'what to' write without even knowing yourself.i haven't practised much of SPaG books, but my sixth sense works amazingly well on this!

many people recommend to learn high-end vocabulary. i wouldn't advice you to do so.one of the foremost reason for this is you should learn HOW and WHERE to use it, rather than just place it into any passage or sentence.you can get some good vocabulary words from reading-which will also teach you its use in passage.

during your first essay attempt, if you are unable to think of any plot that you can carry on till the end within the word limit, you can ask chatgpt or google for ideas.

get your story checked by your teacher. chatgpt can also help you in correcting grammatical errors or improving your sentence.

hence, in your free time,dedicate it on reading(sherlock holmes is a good example which includes some very good descriptions)

here are the two stories that i wrote,based on sherlock holmes-

here is the some phrases and descriptions that can be added in essays:-

i'm unable to post more files, if you want more examples, feel free to ask me!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Saeed23
read stories before writing it!
look at their structure, format, style and flow! make notes on this. once you're done with this,you would have a vague idea of how to start you essay on any topic and carry it on to the complete end.

there are many websites you can get free access to essays on different topics,to broaden your creativity horizon(reddit for example). the more ideas you have about 'What, When, Where, Why, How',the quicker you can make a mind map of your events, the easier it is to write a story.here is the link to two of the stories i have written,note the difference in their styles;for one,i have described one scene in the whole essay, while narrated a complete story in the other.

as for sentence structures and grammatical error, again reading is the most important factor. this is from personal experience,i finished many story books, though i must say i rarely concentrated on sentence structures or punctuation.however, as the quote states, ' a book is a silent teacher' shows that you will learn 'how to' and 'what to' write without even knowing yourself.i haven't practised much of SPaG books, but my sixth sense works amazingly well on this!

many people recommend to learn high-end vocabulary. i wouldn't advice you to do so.one of the foremost reason for this is you should learn HOW and WHERE to use it, rather than just place it into any passage or sentence.you can get some good vocabulary words from reading-which will also teach you its use in passage.

during your first essay attempt, if you are unable to think of any plot that you can carry on till the end within the word limit, you can ask chatgpt or google for ideas.

get your story checked by your teacher. chatgpt can also help you in correcting grammatical errors or improving your sentence.

hence, in your free time,dedicate it on reading(sherlock holmes is a good example which includes some very good descriptions)

here are the two stories that i wrote,based on sherlock holmes-

here is the some phrases and descriptions that can be added in essays:-

i'm unable to post more files, if you want more examples, feel free to ask me!

Thanks for your advice!

Quick Reply

Latest