The Student Room Group

Hot and cold

So me and my ex have been broken up for almost a year now and we’ve not had any contact since the break up until recently when we bumped into each other. I initially was going to ignore him but he seemed to really want to have a conversation. He seemed really friendly and maybe a bit flirty. And ofcourse, stupid and hopeful me thought that he may want to rekindle the relationship. I unblocked him on social media and we started messaging. He seemed quiet sweet at first, then he made his intentions clear that he wishes for us to be friends and nothing else. So I have been friendly in an attempt he may change his mind. I feel really stupid for even entertaining him and thinking that he may want to get back with me.

Anyway, he’s been acting hot and cold with me. One minute, he sends me endearing messages with kisses and stuff. Then when I message him back, he doesn’t even reply back immediately even tho I respond quickly, so the conversation just end abruptly.

I need advice on how to deal with his behaviour?
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my ex have been broken up for almost a year now and we’ve not had any contact since the break up until recently when we bumped into each other. I initially was going to ignore him but he seemed to really want to have a conversation. He seemed really friendly and maybe a bit flirty. And ofcourse, stupid and hopeful me thought that he may want to rekindle the relationship. I unblocked him on social media and we started messaging. He seemed quiet sweet at first, then he made his intentions clear that he wishes for us to be friends and nothing else. So I have been friendly in an attempt he may change his mind. I feel really stupid for even entertaining him and thinking that he may want to get back with me.

Anyway, he’s been acting hot and cold with me. One minute, he sends me endearing messages with kisses and stuff. Then when I message him back, he doesn’t even reply back immediately even tho I respond quickly, so the conversation just end abruptly.

I need advice on how to deal with his behaviour?

Now, moral of the story is men are *******s. You should understand that men mature way LATER than women. You might be out here worried about this behavior but I ensure you, he doesnt even notice this behavior. He finds this his new normal.
When u started giving him attention, he realized theres a chance to get a hookup done, ik he 'may not be like all the other guys' but its a natural thing. Men thrive on hookups, and if hes a common recent f boy teenager, honey what did u expect?
give him a taste of his own medicine.
It's happened to me sm times, ive fallen down, and realized he just wants me on my knees instead of seeing a future tog.
It's understandable to feel confused and hurt by your ex's behavior. It's important to take a step back and think about what you want out of this situation. Are you truly comfortable being just friends with your ex, or are you hoping for something more?

If you're interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with your ex again, it's important to have an open and honest conversation about your feelings. However, it's also important to be prepared for the possibility that your ex may not have the same feelings or may not be ready for a relationship.

If you're not interested in being just friends and you find his behavior confusing or hurtful, it may be best to distance yourself from him. It's important to prioritize your own well-being and emotional health.

It's also important to remember that you don't have to respond to his messages right away or at all if you don't feel like it. You have the right to set boundaries and take time for yourself.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what you're comfortable with and what you want out of this situation. Trust your instincts and prioritize your own happiness.
Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up
(You) You don't really want to stay, no
(You) But you don't really want to go
You're hot then you're cold

you used to be
Just like twins
So in sync
The same energy
Now's a dead battery
Used to laugh 'bout nothing
Now you're plain boring
You should know
That you're not gonna change
'Cause you're hot then you're cold
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up
Original post by Thenewguy123
Cause you're hot then you're cold
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up

you used to be
Just like twins
So in sync
The same energy
Now's a dead battery
Used to laugh 'bout nothing
Now you're plain boring
You should know
That you're not gonna change
'Cause you're hot then you're cold
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up

this is why i have a feeling your're single, cuz SAME.
Now, moral of the story is men are *******s. You should understand that men mature way LATER than women. You might be out here worried about this behavior but I ensure you, he doesnt even notice this behavior. He finds this his new normal.
When u started giving him attention, he realized theres a chance to get a hookup done, ik he 'may not be like all the other guys' but its a natural thing. Men thrive on hookups, and if hes a common recent f boy teenager, honey what did u expect?
give him a taste of his own medicine.
It's happened to me sm times, ive fallen down, and realized he just wants me on my knees instead of seeing a future tog.

He isn’t a fboy kind of teenager, he said he wanted to remain friends and not the fwb kind of friend. So I don’t think his aim here is hookup. While we were broken up, alot of things has happened. We had a chance to catch up and I accepted being friends as it seemed like he needed a friend and support. I just feel like he’s sending me mixed signal by sending kisses emojis or maybe I’m just overthinking.
It's understandable to feel confused and hurt by your ex's behavior. It's important to take a step back and think about what you want out of this situation. Are you truly comfortable being just friends with your ex, or are you hoping for something more?

If you're interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with your ex again, it's important to have an open and honest conversation about your feelings. However, it's also important to be prepared for the possibility that your ex may not have the same feelings or may not be ready for a relationship.

If you're not interested in being just friends and you find his behavior confusing or hurtful, it may be best to distance yourself from him. It's important to prioritize your own well-being and emotional health.

It's also important to remember that you don't have to respond to his messages right away or at all if you don't feel like it. You have the right to set boundaries and take time for yourself.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what you're comfortable with and what you want out of this situation. Trust your instincts and prioritize your own happiness.

Thank you for this reply, I appreciate it. I think he’s made it clear that he only ever wants to remain friends and nothing more. I’m not particularly comfortable with just being friends as I still do have feelings for him but I don’t want to feel bad not responding to his messages as it seems like he’s going through a lot. How do I become a friend without getting attached? Is it even possible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending