The Student Room Group

friend takes weeks to reply

this friend i made at uni hes a guy I'm a girl, years after graduating we still talk but he takes 1-2 weeks to reply to my messages sometimes then apologises that it's been crazy busy for him. i initially wondered if he was interested romantically in me bt there's been no real evidence.

as adults, i get that, but if he wasn't interested to stay in contact he should just not message me but he seems to try to keep the convo going. However i have boundaries like i prefer friends to respond in a reasonable timeframe, like up to a few days ok. After that it's just a bit rude, and I'm left hanging and anxious.

Im not good socially and don't know how or what to say, can someone help?

I wanna say sth like 'it's ok things have been busy, but it's better if you say you don't have time for our conversations' etc. I wanna say something instead of just airing or ghosting him cause i hate when people do that. thanks
I don't think it is ghosting if he isn't responding. Personally I would stop making the effort and see if he messages. If not, it was never a friendship so move on. If he messages you, reply but don't take the lead. You'll soon work out if it is worth staying in touch or not. Sounds like this will just really annoy you if it continues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending