The Student Room Group

My ex replied to my drunk texts from a week ago

I (24m) texted her (22f) drunk at night a week ago. I wanted to catch up and asked her if she was up. I asked her whats up and if she ever thinks about me. Said „I hope you‘re happy“. Then I apologized for texting her late and said I won‘t text her again the next day.

One week complete silence.

Now after a week she replied, apologizing for not replying earlier, she‘s been going through tough times. She said she sometimes thinks about me as we share a lot of history together. Then she asked why I feel sorry for texting her and not want to reply again. And said „It‘s fine if you don't answer. But if you change your mind, know that I don't have any negative feelings for you“.

I still cringe at the messages I sent. I regretted texting her so I just tried to act like nothing happened and moved on. I thought she wouldn’t text me anymore but she did and I think about just ignoring it still. But I feel like maybe I should explain myself? What should I do? I don‘t want to get back together. I was just drunk and a little emotional and wanted to talk with her that night. Is it ok to ignore?
(edited 9 months ago)
Yes it's fine to ignore as you don't want to get back together. You were drunk, you make silly things. If you don't want to text her anymore just delete the messages and delete her number.
if you feel a need or strong desire to express yourself, i would say to do it :smile: so your mind can have peace and move on
Reply 3
Original post by GetTwisted
Yes it's fine to ignore as you don't want to get back together. You were drunk, you make silly things. If you don't want to text her anymore just delete the messages and delete her number.

Thanks for the advice. I thought it would be rude not to answer at all. But sober me doesn‘t want to go back to the conversation and answer her question about my texts. Unfortunately I can‘t unsent the messages anymore.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by username6255808

Thank you. It makes me feel less like an idiot. Yes I don‘t want her back but I wouldn‘t want her out of my life forever. We ended on good terms so i‘m fine with the idea of catching up once in a while or being friends.
Reply 5
Original post by beautifulworld
if you feel a need or strong desire to express yourself, i would say to do it :smile: so your mind can have peace and move on

Thank you for your advice. I’ll take that into consideration. I think I'll take some time to think about what feels right for me before responding to her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending