The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Biological Science 2023

Hey ! Was wondering if anyone has received or firmed an offer for bio at Edinburgh university ?

Scroll to see replies

hey :biggrin: i just firmed yesterday for biochemistry !!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by beebo4life
hey :biggrin: i just firmed yesterday for biochemistry !!

Congrats ! I firmed today, Super exciting - why did you choose edinburgh ?
Original post by Max_Franks24
Congrats ! I firmed today, Super exciting - why did you choose edinburgh ?

i really love the area, it is not too big of a city and can get to places fairly easily! and i loooove the castles and old architecture of the city, so it would be amazing to be able to see it everyday :smile: the reputation of the uni did play a big part too :P
i really love the area, it is not too big of a city and can get to places fairly easily! and i loooove the castles and old architecture of the city, so it would be amazing to be able to see it everyday :smile: the reputation of the uni did play a big part too :P

It's amazing, like within a few minutes of walking round i could really see myself living there. And the uni is amazing, like old school feel but then really modern science buildings and labs
Original post by Anonymous
It's amazing, like within a few minutes of walking round i could really see myself living there. And the uni is amazing, like old school feel but then really modern science buildings and labs

are you going to the offer holder opening day on the 21st? :P

Nooo ! Well annoyed coz i’m way too far away and i only just got my offer and firmed it. You’ll have to let me know how it goes :biggrin:
Nooo ! Well annoyed coz i’m way too far away and i only just got my offer and firmed it. You’ll have to let me know how it goes :biggrin:

of course :P
Reply 8
has anyone received an offer recently?
Reply 9
Original post by zehra_s
has anyone received an offer recently?

Yeah I just got an offer yesterday for biochemistry hbu
Reply 10
Hi! Yeah i got an offer for biochemistry as well yesterday and so far its my first choice
Original post by Fajjr
Yeah I just got an offer yesterday for biochemistry hbu

Congrats ! Will you be firming edinburgh ?
Reply 12
Congrats ! Will you be firming edinburgh ?

I'm still waiting for replies from UCL and Manchester but I'm definitely leaning more towards edinburgh
Reply 13

Wow I haven't been to Edinburgh or even Scotland for that matter so I would love to get any details about how the place was and what made you sure you want to go there
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 14

oh if you're going please give us a review here if you don't mind of how it went and how your experience was!
Original post by Fajjr
Wow I haven't been to Edinburgh or even Scotland for that matter so I would love to get any details about how the place was and what made you sure you want to go there

Super cool views, good shops and like a nice balance of loud places like clubs and then some nice quiet parts like parks. Also, after asking like 10 students at the open day why they chose Edinburgh they all said how 'safe' of a city it is. So it was that and then it was also the best university i have seen with a nice course structure. Also, fancied moving far away for uni :smile:
Reply 16
Super cool views, good shops and like a nice balance of loud places like clubs and then some nice quiet parts like parks. Also, after asking like 10 students at the open day why they chose Edinburgh they all said how 'safe' of a city it is. So it was that and then it was also the best university i have seen with a nice course structure. Also, fancied moving far away for uni :smile:

That sounds lovely and glad to hear about the safety bit, my two greatest concerns now are the weather and the cost of living. How much colder is Edinburgh compared to other UK cities and is it really something I should worry about or do you just get used to it ( I come from a very hot country ) and is it really as expensive as they say?
Original post by Fajjr
That sounds lovely and glad to hear about the safety bit, my two greatest concerns now are the weather and the cost of living. How much colder is Edinburgh compared to other UK cities and is it really something I should worry about or do you just get used to it ( I come from a very hot country ) and is it really as expensive as they say?

Ngl it's cold and i get so miserable in the cold lol but hopefully i adapt :smile: but i hear the have nice summers but idk i live near london so i'm quite far away and its not warm where i live. I'm sure you would adapt to colder weather and won't even notice it. I'm not too sure how expensive it is probably expensive for northern areas but cheaper than London. Where are you from?
Reply 18
Ngl it's cold and i get so miserable in the cold lol but hopefully i adapt :smile: but i hear the have nice summers but idk i live near london so i'm quite far away and its not warm where i live. I'm sure you would adapt to colder weather and won't even notice it. I'm not too sure how expensive it is probably expensive for northern areas but cheaper than London. Where are you from?

I'm from Oman 🇴🇲 ( most people know it as “next to dubai” ) so yeah pretty hot here but like you said hopefully ill adapt and either way I don't think the weather should be a deal breaker I mean it's the UK after all it's gonna be cold for me no matter where I go
Original post by Fajjr
oh if you're going please give us a review here if you don't mind of how it went and how your experience was!

yeah of course :P may put photos on here aswell if you want !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending