The Student Room Group

Spanish revision tips

What is the most effective way to revise Spanish?

I already got 8 on my mocks but when we went through our papers it seems like I barely got any marks at all (maybe the grade boundaries were low). I especially need help with Spanish speaking as my exam is this month, and I'm kinda freaking out a little. I have a book filled with exam questions and stuff that I've been doing but I'm just not sure how to go up from a grade 8 to a grade 9.
1) memorise grade 9 phrases, you can literally search them up and apply them to writing
2) for speaking- practice with your teacher, don't try to stutter and please make sure to make it sound natural- i literally sounded like a robot in mine
3) writing- use all tenses, grade 9 phrases, opinions and memorise adjectives such as ''gratificante'' and not just ''aburrido'' or ''interesante'' they're really overused
4) for listening surround yourself with spanish start by watching spanish shows, i recommend extra (u can find it on yt) it's really good
and lastly for reading i would say to just practice past papers
overall make sure to look through the specification, ideally print it and learn around 20 words a day and u'll be able to get a 9
Reply 2
Original post by shirin_07
1) memorise grade 9 phrases, you can literally search them up and apply them to writing
2) for speaking- practice with your teacher, don't try to stutter and please make sure to make it sound natural- i literally sounded like a robot in mine
3) writing- use all tenses, grade 9 phrases, opinions and memorise adjectives such as ''gratificante'' and not just ''aburrido'' or ''interesante'' they're really overused
4) for listening surround yourself with spanish start by watching spanish shows, i recommend extra (u can find it on yt) it's really good
and lastly for reading i would say to just practice past papers
overall make sure to look through the specification, ideally print it and learn around 20 words a day and u'll be able to get a 9

Thank you sm for responding, that's actually really good advice! I'll definitely watch Extra too, it seems interesting, I've been trying to find a good Spanish show to watch for a while now.
Original post by ariekeam
What is the most effective way to revise Spanish?

I already got 8 on my mocks but when we went through our papers it seems like I barely got any marks at all (maybe the grade boundaries were low). I especially need help with Spanish speaking as my exam is this month, and I'm kinda freaking out a little. I have a book filled with exam questions and stuff that I've been doing but I'm just not sure how to go up from a grade 8 to a grade 9.

Heya!
For speaking, I would recommend coming up with some questions they could ask you and writing some advanced answers and memorising them - you can also use this technique for essay writing :h: Make sure to practice as well, whether it's speaking or writing.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 4
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
For speaking, I would recommend coming up with some questions they could ask you and writing some advanced answers and memorising them - you can also use this technique for essay writing :h: Make sure to practice as well, whether it's speaking or writing.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thank you so much for replying, I'll definitely try that out!

Quick Reply

Latest