The Student Room Group

Two university degrees at the same time

So I was looking at some university courses to see which I would prefer to do when I leave college.
To be honest, I still don't know what I want to do when I leave so I've been quite conflicted on what to go for.
I've been looking at Physics, Astrophysics & Cosmology aswell as Virtual & Augmented Reality from a specific university I potentially want to go to but I'm not sure on which to choose.

So I was just wondering if there is a posibility of doing both instead of having to choose just on.
Thanks.
Original post by Nyanomii•にゃのみい
So I was looking at some university courses to see which I would prefer to do when I leave college.
To be honest, I still don't know what I want to do when I leave so I've been quite conflicted on what to go for.
I've been looking at Physics, Astrophysics & Cosmology aswell as Virtual & Augmented Reality from a specific university I potentially want to go to but I'm not sure on which to choose.

So I was just wondering if there is a posibility of doing both instead of having to choose just on.
Thanks.

How would you fund both degrees? I don't know if it's possible or not but I would not recommend to do that if it were even possible. Have you considered and researched joint honours degree? Or taking a major and minor degree?
Original post by Dnsnnssn
How would you fund both degrees? I don't know if it's possible or not but I would not recommend to do that if it were even possible. Have you considered and researched joint honours degree? Or taking a major and minor degree?

I'll check the the options you've stated. Haven't seen much that could relate to what I want to do, but I'll still check.
Original post by Nyanomii•にゃのみい

Thanks.

Astrophysics is primarily "just physics" with a few specialized options, the 1st 2 years will be almost the same as straight physics, it's primarily a branding exercise. As for 2 entirely different courses, a university might offer a joint degree, but otherwise they generally have rules against being registered at a different institution at the same time and the workload and timetable mismatch would be a killer anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending