The Student Room Group

Can Unis see your attendance in Yr13?

Just wondering, is this true? My attendance hasn't been great (although it's not bad) and I was thinking of skipping a few more days of school to revise at home for my upcoming a levels. Also, would any top unis like oxbridge or imperial or ucl reject me during my gap year if my attendance in Yr 13 was poor?
Update: my attendance is 95 percent for the time being :smile:
I don’t think universities know about your attendance unless they directly ask your centre. Though I could be wrong, and besides even if they were petty enough to ask about your attendance it’s hardly as if they would or could change your offer. Good luck with your A-levels!
Original post by KingintheNorth31
I don’t think universities know about your attendance unless they directly ask your centre. Though I could be wrong, and besides even if they were petty enough to ask about your attendance it’s hardly as if they would or could change your offer. Good luck with your A-levels!

Thank you so much for your response! Yes, I guess so, but if I were to go on a gap year, would my attendance throw them off?
Original post by pigeonwarrior
Thank you so much for your response! Yes, I guess so, but if I were to go on a gap year, would my attendance throw them off?

Esp the top unis?
Unis don’t receive any info about your attendance. It’s just a myth that schools perpetuate to encourage you to attend.

Unis only see what’s in your reference, and it’s very unlikely your ref will comment on it there.
Original post by pigeonwarrior

You’re welcome, I don’t think that the gap year would have any impact on the universities offer, to be honest if you’ve be given an offer to attend the university they obviously want you as a student and as long as you can get the grades sixth form attendance won’t really factor into it at all. Keep flying forward pigeon warrior! 😂🕊
Original post by Admit-One
Unis don’t receive any info about your attendance. It’s just a myth that schools perpetuate to encourage you to attend.

Unis only see what’s in your reference, and it’s very unlikely your ref will comment on it there.

Ahh thank you! My chemistry teacher keeps on bringing it up which is why I got scared and wanted to find out if it was true.
Original post by KingintheNorth31
You’re welcome, I don’t think that the gap year would have any impact on the universities offer, to be honest if you’ve be given an offer to attend the university they obviously want you as a student and as long as you can get the grades sixth form attendance won’t really factor into it at all. Keep flying forward pigeon warrior! 😂🕊

Thank youu again!! Yes, I'm a bit ambitious but hopefully I can get somewhere :biggrin:
Technically they could mention it in your reference. Anything factually true can be included in a reference even if it’s negative.

But it’s very unusual and generally not something universities will give a **** about
Original post by PQ
Technically they could mention it in your reference. Anything factually true can be included in a reference even if it’s negative.

But it’s very unusual and generally not something universities will give a **** about

That's a relief as I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue, thanks for your response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending