The Student Room Group

Right person, wrong time. I [M20] just want to forget about her [F19]

My parents went on a cruise ship for the whole week. So, i had a free house for the whole week. I basically spent it studying and going out for walks. Then, one day, i invited my friends (we're a group of 5) and, among them, there's this girl i really can't forget about. We've all been classmates for 5 years, and this girl once confessed me her feelings (during second year... we were both around 15 yo). I told her i only saw her as a friend (she was as attractive as now, but i didn't know her that much as a person).

Long story short, she then got a boyfriend, they broke up more than a year ago, and now she's single and basically focusing on herself. I really like her, not just physically. We've been to Rome together, we've shared various special moments, i really love every small detail of her: the way her clothes in her luggage were so untidy, the way she laughs, her energy... i really can't put it in words.

I've never had a girlfriend and i have very very few friends... i really don't want to ruin our friendship, also considering the fact that i know she's not interested in me (i don't have any proof but, you know...). I'm miserable right now. I've been thinking about her for 2 years, and I just want to forget about her smile, her goofy way of winking, her voice... but i can't.
Original post by Luke_s.23
My parents went on a cruise ship for the whole week. So, i had a free house for the whole week. I basically spent it studying and going out for walks. Then, one day, i invited my friends (we're a group of 5) and, among them, there's this girl i really can't forget about. We've all been classmates for 5 years, and this girl once confessed me her feelings (during second year... we were both around 15 yo). I told her i only saw her as a friend (she was as attractive as now, but i didn't know her that much as a person).

Long story short, she then got a boyfriend, they broke up more than a year ago, and now she's single and basically focusing on herself. I really like her, not just physically. We've been to Rome together, we've shared various special moments, i really love every small detail of her: the way her clothes in her luggage were so untidy, the way she laughs, her energy... i really can't put it in words.

I've never had a girlfriend and i have very very few friends... i really don't want to ruin our friendship, also considering the fact that i know she's not interested in me (i don't have any proof but, you know...). I'm miserable right now. I've been thinking about her for 2 years, and I just want to forget about her smile, her goofy way of winking, her voice... but i can't.

Firstly, cute.

Secondly, you need to say something, but when you do say something just mention that if she says no or if you guys do move forward then you will first and foremost be best friends during the relationship and after so it doesn't exactly ruin the equilibrium of your relationship.

You'll still be miserable if you keep this bottled up so you need to confess bro. 2 years.. That's long but if you just voice your feelings then maybe it will be fine.

WAIT. Ask some of your friends in the social circle (same social circle as the lucky lady) if they can sus out if she likes you or not so you might have some confidence doing into it.

Don't be direct and blunt, build it up so it doesn't seem...fake. If you say it direct and straight-up, you might confuse her a bit so build it up, tell her that you'll be (best) friends before anything and if this relationship doesn't happen then you'll still have your friendship and if the relationship still moves forward, you still got the friend part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending